Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

5 fish hero shots, why the hell?

All over social media you have kids with pictures of their 5 best bed fish at the end of the day. If your not fishing tournament and not keeping them to eat I don't get it, I just don't get it. Catch it, take picture and put the fish back on its bed don't haul it around in your livewell all day long

2. Banned
    Their fish... They can do as they please... Not my style but nothing to get bent out of shape over either... Dan

3. Member
    The only chance they will ever have to do such. My guess.

In Iowa you can't release something in your livewell unless in a permitted tournament.

Just saw someone post the same thing, they were in high school. I’ve learned that high school “online learning” is a joke. My daughter is doing maybe a couple hours a week and she’s in a few pre AP or AP classes. My son is home from college and is having to work his butt off all day, it’s no joke for college online classes. Young kids have nothing else better to do I guess and someone started this trend. Doesn’t really bother me, at least they are outdoors.

6. Member
    Why the distinction between a photo of 5 vs a tournament. Do what you want. If that bad for the fish, then it’s bad in a tournament setting as well. Right? If the picture thing bugs you, so should tournaments.

7. Member
    It’s freaking fishing. Let them do their thing....they could be out there doing something worse. I did my fair of dumb things when I was a kid just like I’m sure everybody else has

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Why the distinction between a photo of 5 vs a tournament. Do what you want. If that bad for the fish, then it’s bad in a tournament setting as well. Right? If the picture thing bugs you, so should tournaments.
    But I have a chance of winning $57.92 in a tournament

I call this the "Mark Zona Hero Shot". A lot of time people will subconsciously repeat what they see on social media and TV. Mark has done this many times in the past but in his defense he does not do it on active spawners. I would love to see him mention this a bad practice for spawners when he says "let's put this one in the live-well for some pictures later"

Its the people holding multiple slot fish from Fork that get me...they post on FB not realizing the game wardens routinely check it and issue citations from posts on there.
    Past that as long as what someone is doing that is legal so be it. I might not do it but I am not gonna worry that they do it. I occasionally haul a limit around in hopes of winning $57 myself.

11. Member
    funny when people think it's ok to do it in a tournament but have an issue with somebody else doing it when not in a tournament

12. Member
    I feel like a hero if I catch 5 fish period

13. Member
    Boy you can tell MLF hasn't been on in a while............
    I haven't seen this argument in ages.
    ~~~~GROUND MEAT PRODUCTIONS~~~~
    OUTDOOR VIDEOS
    2016 XPRESS X21 ~ Yamaha F200LB ~ LOWRANCE ~ DAIWA ~

How do you know how long they had the fish? It is just a fish after all. There might be more pressing things to get all in a fit about.

Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    All over social media you have kids with pictures of their 5 best bed fish at the end of the day. If your not fishing tournament and not keeping them to eat I don't get it, I just don't get it. Catch it, take picture and put the fish back on its bed don't haul it around in your livewell all day long
    HATERS GONNA HATE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    I feel like a hero if I catch 5 fish period
    Me too, especially if I catch 5 keepers (16” minimum) here on Lake Conroe. Heck, if I catch 5 period on Conroe I’m happy.

17. Member
    Right now I would feel like a hero if I could just catch one.

18. Member
    As long as all rules are followed no problem with me. Like to see people outside enjoying themselves!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    Me too, especially if I catch 5 keepers (16” minimum) here on Lake Conroe. Heck, if I catch 5 period on Conroe I’m happy.
    Lol. 16” is huge. That’s the one thing I don’t miss about Texas...I only gotta catch 12”ers here!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast