2006 ZX190 Bilge Pump Issue

Yesterday my bilge pump worked then stopped working. After draining all the water out of the boat (Lake Erie got rough quick), I did a little diagnosing. I have the bad model dashboard with the buttons that click and light up, not the rocker switch type. However, Skeeter sent me a rocker switch style dash as backup since they admitted the style I have was a design flaw (I've been through 3 of them in the past) and are no longer made. First thing I did was plug in the new rocker switch dash and everything worked except the Bilge. Next, while on my back on the soaking wet floor, I checked all fuses and they were all good. I'm not sure if there is an inline fuse for the bilge I don't know about or a breaker. On my dash I have both a Port Bilge and Starboard Bilge that have separate lights but the same button operates them. They both light up, but I don't get the positive click sound anymore when I hit the Port Bilge (which is the one my actual Bilge Pump is connected to since I only have 1 pump in the boat), but I get the click when I hit the dummy Starboard Bilge.

I accessed the bilge pump after removing the plate my battery charger sits on and there was no debris clogging the bilge pump. I then snipped a bunch of zip ties in the harness and traced the brown and black bilge pump wires to the corresponding connectors. After disconnecting them, I touched the brown wire to the + and black to the - of one of my batteries and the Bilge Pump ran like a top. This told me the Bilge Pump was not bad, but I have no idea where the problem lies. I did find an alternate solution by seeing there are corresponding brown and black female cables for the Starboard Bilge button that have never been used since I bought the boat brand new. So I cleaned up those connectors, connected the Bilge Pump, pressed the Starboard Bilge button on the dash and the Pump runs once again. I am glad that I got it working, but would really like to know what made it stop working in the first place.

To recap: no bad fuse that I could find, the new rocker panel dash didn't fix the problem, and I am no longer get that positive click sound when I hit the Port Bilge button. Sorry this is long and drawn out, but I wanted to get as many details on here so you know what has been done already. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Member
    Has to be wiring or a connection to the bilge, wiring at the fuse panel.
    Check the voltage in and out of the switch with a meter. You'll need
    a jumper wire to accomplish this. Usually ground is made to throw a switch
    and make the pump work. Since you have had it apart before you should know
    how its setup. good luck!