Angry MG 82 lb tour bogging down in hardly any grass

I have a ZX200 when I bought it had a MG71 lb.tour that would eat up hydrilla and when it finally gave out I replaced it with an 82 Lb, tour. this motor does pull this boat around really well but when it seems to get into a little grass it almost shuts down. I did notice that my plug has to wiggled around sometimes to get a good contact for it to run but runs fine after that in clean water but struggels in just a little grass

2. Member
    It could be that the motor is pulling more amps with the extra load from the grass which is exposing the weak plug connection. It could also be due to different props between the two motors.

3. Member
    Same prop three blade Machette prop which I know is not the best but comparing it to same application. I think you are right though about that plug situation that makes sense I`ll probably change it out for good measure anyway. Got a lot of time on our hands right now anyway Covid-19 got us shut down

4. Member
    Don't cut yourself short in replacing the plug. The Marinco 60 plug is a pretty good one to go to. There is also a 70 amp plug they make now. I was exposed to one yesterday and I recommend it for your motor. I like the way it is constructed and how you have to land the wires. It is a little pricey but it will save you a lot of heartache and fishing time.

https://www.amazon.com/Marinco-12VCP.../dp/B06Y5XQQNV

5. Member
    Thanks for the input guys and yes that Marinco 60 plug looks bad-ass !!