Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I fish some team tournaments with a buddy and we use his boat, I bring 5 or 6 depending on where we're going. Typically with 3 casting and 2 spinning I can cover almost any technique, maybe not perfectly but at least pretty well. If I bring a 6th it's specific to that particular lake (like my spybait/hairjig rod). I usually pack a couple of extra reels though too just in case I get one of those day ending backlashes, need to change line size or technique.

2. Member
    I've only fished 1 tournament and it was a Pro/AM.
    The Pro supplied the tackle. Easy peasy.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

3. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    3 or 4 and a couple of 3600's

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

Never, ever more than 5 and usually 4. On occasion, I've only taken 2.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4 - 6, my problem is tackle. I only carry one bag buts it’s big and carries all my accessories.
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dylanl View Post
    I fish BFL's as a co-angler and limit myself to 4-5 rods. I ask the boater how they typically fish and how they're planning to fish for that event. Then I decide on 4-5 rods to bring. I've done three before but most of the time it's 4-5. I bring just one backpack tackle bag.
    yea that's kinda the way it should work, I have never steered any co-angler wrong, it makes life easier for both of us, maybe we will get paired this year!!! If it ever gets off the ground.

7. Banned
    If you can’t get by with 5 as a co angler, then you have no business being a co angler. Go buy your own boat.

8. Member
    Good thread here. Normally 4-5 and back pack with some plastics and couple utility trays in there. One tray with terminal tackle and one tray I'll put together with an assortment of some hard baits and such I might want to throw on that particular body of water.

4 rods is all would take as co-angler.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

3 casting 1 spinning = 4

3 baitcasters 2 spin. but depending on the water its 3 and 1.

12. Member
    3 to 5 and a lighter tackle bag.

Usually 4, 5 on occasion, plus a soft side tackle bag. My partner and I fish similar techniques, depths, cover etc. Also, you are only out for six to seven hours, no need for a boatload as a co.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    If you can’t get by with 5 as a co angler, then you have no business being a co angler. Go buy your own boat.
    All my buddies that fish with me also own their own boat. They are welcome to bring as many rods as they want. I'm not gonna be a dick and limit what they bring.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    All my buddies that fish with me also own their own boat. They are welcome to bring as many rods as they want. I'm not gonna be a dick and limit what they bring.
    I’ve never told anyone that they can only bring “x” rods with them. However, I have been amused when they end up with a big tangled mess of rods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12