Thread: Closed ramps

Closed ramps

Anyone who's interested, they closed Oconto County boat ramps
    Outlaw Bass

2. Member
    Beyond stupid.

3. Member
    That is one way to piss people off who have been practicing social distancing for six months aka WINTER. Good luck keeping anyone indoors once THE WEATHER really breaks.

Sent this to Representative Mike Gallagher...

Dear Mike,
    I am writing you regarding the closure of boat landings in Oconto County. I cannot help but be offended at the curtailing of individual liberties. It is one thing for our government to ASK of its citizens to comply with certain requests in the interest of communal public safety; it is an entirely different matter when they begin to issue executive orders, edicts, and dictums. This is not a kingdom. Our framers specifically prevented any branch from having dictatorial powers.
    If you reference Waterway Protection "The Public Trust Doctrine", Wisconsin's Waters Belong to Everyone - Wisconsin lakes and rivers are public resources, owned in common by all Wisconsin citizens under the state's Public Trust Doctrine. Based on the state constitution, this doctrine has been further defined by case law and statute. It declares that all navigable waters are "common highways and forever free", and held in trust by the Department of Natural Resources.
    I expect to hear from you soon regarding this matter! I also expect Oconto County to raise this ban on the closure of public boat landings!
    Regards,

This is TOTAL CRAP!!
    "Cast Everything in the Best Light Possible"

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankb8 View Post
    Sent this to Representative Mike Gallagher...

Dear Mike,
    I am writing you regarding the closure of boat landings in Oconto County. I cannot help but be offended at the curtailing of individual liberties. It is one thing for our government to ASK of its citizens to comply with certain requests in the interest of communal public safety; it is an entirely different matter when they begin to issue executive orders, edicts, and dictums. This is not a kingdom. Our framers specifically prevented any branch from having dictatorial powers.
    If you reference Waterway Protection "The Public Trust Doctrine", Wisconsin's Waters Belong to Everyone - Wisconsin lakes and rivers are public resources, owned in common by all Wisconsin citizens under the state's Public Trust Doctrine. Based on the state constitution, this doctrine has been further defined by case law and statute. It declares that all navigable waters are "common highways and forever free", and held in trust by the Department of Natural Resources.
    I expect to hear from you soon regarding this matter! I also expect Oconto County to raise this ban on the closure of public boat landings!
    Regards,

This is TOTAL CRAP!!
    Excellent
    Outlaw Bass

6. Member
    I now hearing fines up to $1000
    I guess you can fish from shore right? No fisherman I know gets within 6 ft of each other
    Outlaw Bass

7. Member
    It’s my understanding you can fish from shore. Someone I talked to said guys were out in boats today.

8. Member
    I'm still gonna go fishing. I'd love to see someone stop me. What a joke bro.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigapig;[URL="tel:11017381"
    11017381[/URL]]I'm still gonna go fishing. I'd love to see someone stop me. What a joke bro.