Thread: Fruit jars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fruit jars

So I had some buddies call me and they putting on one on Saturday, our waters are open except for the state parks and such but other then that south la has a lot of water so it’s hard to close it down, anyway as bad as I want to fish a tournament and talking with the wife about it I decided not to fish it instead I’ll just take the wife and kid out to a place where there won’t be many boats. I’m completely for all our rights to enjoy the outdoors and I don’t know if what they are doing is fine or not as they said about being strict on everybody keeping their distance, I just felt I’ll stay out of these and not be part of the problem to give the government an excuse to try and close more stuff down, I know some neighbor states have all the fishing shut down and most likely because of things like this.with that being said I would most definitely love to fish it but just think it’s not the right time right now

Weird how some people can't just go fishing. Guess it is an ego thing or something. Gotta tote em back and thump their chests..Pretty sad actually.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basnbran View Post
    Weird how some people can't just go fishing. Guess it is an ego thing or something. Gotta tote em back and thump their chests..Pretty sad actually.
    I agree. It is almost like a gambling addiction thing. It has nothing to do with just going outdoors and enjoying a few hours of fishing.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

I love to fish, have been 3 times in the last week. But I'm not fishing anything that means I have to interact with others. Just not worth bringing something home to the wife.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

5. Member
    Maybe some people just enjoy the compeition? Why does it have to be an ego thing?

Quote Originally Posted by jgorrell.tcp View Post
    Maybe some people just enjoy the compeition? Why does it have to be an ego thing?
    Totally agree.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

7. Member
    I enjoy the competition probably more than most! I would not want to jeopardize fun for all verses fun for few. I wish I could just take my boat out and fish by myself if that’s what it would take to slowly get back to normal

8. Member
    Totally agree. A hell of a lot more social distancing than when you go to the grocery store.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    I love to fish, have been 3 times in the last week. But I'm not fishing anything that means I have to interact with others. Just not worth bringing something home to the wife.
    Smart Man that type of thinking has evidently served you well in life and not just in fishing.

10. Member
    I enjoy the competition as much as anybody, hell I just fished a tourney just about every week all way till they shut it down

11. Member
    I agree completely. Has nothing to do with fishing.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Would those who ‘love the competition’ fish without derbies and a scoring system?

13. Banned
    Agree. The ones that don’t get it, are the ones That likely never played competitive sports of any kind. I love to fish, but it’s so much more exciting if there is something on the line. Hell even having loser buys dinner makes it more fun for me.

You’re making the right choice at this point in time. For yourself, and your family. You’re buddies don’t sound like the brightest bulbs in the chandelier. In the short term, we need to make a conscious effort to avoid events that place people in close proximity to each other. Apparently they didn’t get the memo..
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Agree. The ones that don’t get it, are the ones That likely never played competitive sports of any kind. I love to fish, but it’s so much more exciting if there is something on the line. Hell even having loser buys dinner makes it more fun for me.
    I’ve played sports my entire life, I fish at least at tourney every week if not two. Fact is that is someone like me is questioning being part of a crowd and if I did and I got my wife or someone infected with this then it’s just not right, I understand why it is being put on and like I said would love to fish it or any other tournaments, I just think it’s to early for this when we got a government that is looking for any excuse to push their power.

We have a local group here that got creative and all entry fees are paid in advance by Venmo or Paypal. Only one person will weight fish and one boater at a time. Payout if also paid back the way the entry fee was paid for the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Same here

Are we sure that competition isn't about ego. I have never seen a competitive sport that wasn't about I am better than you. Isn't that ego?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Totally agree. A hell of a lot more social distancing than when you go to the grocery store.
    The argument of "that thing is worse so we should be allowed to do this" is the two wrongs make a right argument. People need to get food, they don't need to fish tournaments.
    For every thread where people are raging against the ramp shutdowns about how they don't understand why they can't go out alone there's a thread like this that points out that there are still groups of people who have such a deep need to tournament fish that they'll ruin it for everyone else. Those people don't love fishing and nature as much as they say they do if they can't fish alone for a few weeks.

20. Member
    Go and enjoy some time with your family.
    1993 Tracker Pan fish 16

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast