Thread: Deck layout.

Deck layout.

Does anyone want to see the front decks like the older skeeter boats (ZX 225) two lids in the middle not the coffin lids or it just me.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    "The handicapped angler"

I was initially concerned I would not like the new style lids but after owning it several months I am a fan. The lids are more like half lids so they catch less wind etc and allows you room to sit on the deck while accessing the compartment. I've become a fan of that setup after actual use.

I might be able to deal with the coffin lids if they had left the starboard rod locker alone

Rather than leave us options to use it as a rod locker or storage they felt the need to force us to put heavy gear to one side of the boat
    "The handicapped angler"

Follow up

Usually when I bring up the fact that I don’t want to store heavy tackle on the starboard side I’m always told well you can put tackle in one or both of the center rod lockers

Well if its ok to put tackle in a rod locker why did they have to cut up the starboard locker?

We could put gear in it just the way it was
    Mater a fact you could put more and larger gear in it the way it was compared to the new style

It just doesn’t make sense to me to spend money to limit a customers options

So many manufacturers are afraid to have anything like a traditional layout thinking they will be accused of being behind the times
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    I am really use to the old style. However it would not have any factor in my decision to buy a newer Skeeter. I would get use to them. Lol I will never get use to the hidden locks, or what ever you call them.