Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

This is a well thought out piece worth reading..

Thank you for the link...I agree with many of his tenets...please steel yourself for the "You just don't get it" barrage.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

3. Member
    Interesting.
    What I get out of it is you can spin this anyway you want.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

^^that's it in a nutshell if you ask me. Two of my favorite sayings about statistics. 1) 77% of statistics are made up on on the spot. 2) Statistics mean nothing...until you are one.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Freedumb is not free....

6. Member
    I didn't read the entire passage but I agree with his ideas on what was presented and those have basically been my thoughts as well. I pray and hope what he writes doesn't come to fruition. I would rather eat crow and admit I was wrong in thinking this than for it to actually happen.

We can’t use Hydroxychloroquine, because of, and until all of the potential side effects are known and defined.

Yet, we can rush headlong into social distancing, total shutdown of society, without any discussion, or even acknowledgement, of the side effects.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    We can’t use Hydroxychloroquine, because of, and until all of the potential side effects are known and defined.

Yet, we can rush headlong into social distancing, total shutdown of society, without any discussion, or even acknowledgement, of the side effects.
    Yep out of the frying pan into the fire as the saying goes!

9. Member
    Totally agree and makes perfect sense.

Take into consideration the article was written 16 days ago. Lot of things have progressed since then

11. Member
    I agree totally with this writer. This will not go away anytime soon, and I do not believe people will be ready for what will happen in the next 5, 6, 7, or 8 weeks economically. There will be tens of thousands of businesses that will never recover, huge job losses. Mid and even large size corporations will belly up. My wife' corporation LAID OFF 50% of it's workers and reduced pay to the others 20% to 50% depending on the amount. They review each Monday, and chop again. They are purely in survival mode. They are a fairly new corporation and are not on the stock exchange. All their capitol comes from a large Cap firm, who is closed like a clam. I can tell without much calculating, this corporation will not last March , April, AND MAY. They were in 17 states and expanding under this Admin. If we keep the shutdown for May also, I do not believe hardly any American are ready for the long term results. You can try to sell your boats, cars, house, whatever, nobody will be buying.

350 deaths when article was written prob around 15000 now...... death is kinda permanent EVERYTHING else is transient

13. Member
    I think its a well-written piece, but a medical expert could write something just as convincing to oppose most of these ideas. That's the real problem as we have no history to base anything and it's easy to be armchair quarterback.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrat View Post
    350 deaths when article was written prob around 15000 now...... death is kinda permanent EVERYTHING else is transient
    As of noon today, almost 400,000 infections in the US, and 12,000 deaths. I wonder how accurate the death count really is from COVID 19, because the CDC has ordered hospitals to list COVID caused death ...even if they suspect. that is not science.

15. Member
    One thing is for certain in this entire mess, they will have to measure immense economic disaster, against deaths, at some point soon. It is a shame that that will occur, but just staying hunkered down for months and months is not workable in a modern society of 330,000,000.

16. Member
    Very hard to argue with im
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

17. Member
    Whenever I see a thread title that talks about things being "well thought out" and "worth reading" I immediately change it in my head to "Here's something that I agree with and reinforces what I already believe."

Updated Apr 8 at 6:20 PM local

Confirmed
    +36,616

Deaths
    +1,973

and there is obviously a data lag so deaths are almost certainly above 15k

19. Banned
    He is just another person with a opinion about something. Never heard of him anyway.

20. Member
    I think you can easily argue with that now. Plus I'm not taking advice on a contagious virus from a financial professional telling us we may need to stop listening to doctors....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast