Thread: Virus questions

Banned

Virus questions

Okay, like the rest of the "sheeples" I've been washing my hands and staying 6 feet away from others etc. The last part is easy cause I don't like anybody well enough to get closer than 6 feet.
    I've been watching the daily updates where we get guidance from Dr. Fauci who told us in January that the U.S. should not be concerned as there was no chance for us to be affected by the virus. Now we take his lead to shut the country down. We are all becoming frustrated with the upset in our daily lives and we, at least me, start questioning.
    I just heard the "team" proudly announce that we have done 1.9 million Corona Virus tests. What possible value could the results of these tests be when you have a country of over 300 million people? A football field is 300 feet. If you run the ball 1.9 feet how many points do you score? Yet we are making policy based on the results of these tests. Think about it. If the test is important, by the time they get around to testing everyone, you will have died from or gotten over the virus.
    Also, over a week ago, 1500 people in New York were given their first dose of the malaria drug (the one I can't spell). I haven't heard a word about the results of this trial to date. There seems to be much positive info regarding this drug and I'm wondering what I'm missing regarding the seeming lack of interest in it.
    Anyone else starting to smell a rat (or bat)?

take a break, smoke em if ya got em

we have hashed this over and over use your search feature

3. Member
    I don't trust Dr. Fauci one bit. I think he is just trying to get more money for CDC. He kinda blew it in January didn't he. Now he is in favor of lab rat test (needs study's done) instead of helping people that's out of time. What do they have to loose, if at any time you cant breath

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    I don't trust Dr. Fauci one bit. I think he is just trying to get more money for CDC. He kinda blew it in January didn't he. Now he is in favor of lab rat test (needs study's done) instead of helping people that's out of time. What do they have to loose, if at any time you cant breath
    I agree. His usefulness is over and he needs to go back and do peer reviews and other academia stuff. Lets get someone who is actually in the lab working on a fix. No disrespect to Dr. Fauci but his time is over for now. Later he can come back and review what has happened.

5. Member
    Below is a link to a very good video from a Pulmonary doctor currently working COVID in New York. (BTW, the dude looks exhausted).

Anyway a very good explanation of COVID and how to avoid catching it and answers to some fairly common questions. It's about 40 minutes, but worth the watch/listen.

Last edited by mastergun; 04-08-2020 at 07:34 PM.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    take a break, smoke em if ya got em

we have hashed this over and over use your search feature

Why is it that people like you that have no legitimate response to questions such as the two I posed suggest that we shouldn't impose on you but, instead use the search function. Oh, I know, post count. Unfortunately posts don't have to have any merit to count as a post. I'll bet the vast majority of your posts are as valueless as this one.
    Use your search feature to look up "useless posts". You'll be prominently featured.

7. Member
    jan 26 he said all was good and the virus wasn't an issue in the states?? the models they use are WAY over exaggerating the illness and deaths from this to a point of extreme panic

ohio doctor as bad or worst as he is!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Banned
    Fauci loves being in front of a camera!

9. Member
    I think at this point they should be fast tracking the antibody testing to figure out how many of us has immunity. Also there is hope the plasma can be helpful treating the sick.

10. Member
    if folks dont go back to work we wont need test because they wont be able to print enough money to pay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by marlake View Post
    Why is it that people like you that have no legitimate response to questions such as the two I posed suggest that we shouldn't impose on you but, instead use the search function. Oh, I know, post count. Unfortunately posts don't have to have any merit to count as a post. I'll bet the vast majority of your posts are as valueless as this one.
    Use your search feature to look up "useless posts". You'll be prominently featured.
    Ouch

The man has been the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984 and has served under 6 Presidents starting with Reagan, I would think the man knows what the hell he's talking
    about.
    Let's put this thread to bed.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    The man has been the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984 and has served under 6 Presidents starting with Reagan, I would think the man knows what the hell he's talking
    about.
    Let's put this thread to bed.

Thank you