Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

How long before folks just lose it

Seems every day state lawmakers are putting in new executive orders dealing with social distance. Parks closed, beaches closed. Now in NC the news ones getting ready to be put in. One way isles in stores, guard rails to keep people back, only so many in stores. I think folks are about to the breaking point.
    Thanking God every time I go to the lake

2. Member
    in my little part of southeast Missouri people are starting to think things might be going a little too far. This area has been very adamant about staying isolated from the rest of the world, but the amount of "guidance" from politicians is getting some of them riled up. There has to be a middle ground established sooner or later. I am sort of a self isolater by choice, and am just watching how all of this develops.

I going to lose it if I don't get to go fishing soon.
    Second place is the first loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been fishing everyday, that it isn't raining.

My coping skills....

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I going to lose it if I don't get to go fishing soon.
    Jamie I'm going Saturday for a little while. I have no doubt he will close them all on Monday. I believe it will be shut down until July 4, you know for the "great new Independence Day". My question will the state EO's ever be removed

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...r-state-s-peak

What most people donít realize is the worst probably hasnít hit their state. The article has a state by state tool to show the predictions for your state. Oklahoma isnít until April 24th.

It staggers my sense of logic...most people will do anything to fight death, except not going to the park.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

7. Member
    And then you have dictators like this guy. Why are we giving the WHO millions of our dollars each year??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...CI&app=desktop

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...r-state-s-peak

What most people don’t realize is the worst probably hasn’t hit their state. The article has a state by state tool to show the predictions for your state. Oklahoma isn’t until April 24th.

It staggers my sense of logic...most people will do anything to fight death, except not going to the park.
    Yes and now its being shown those "predictions" are way off

MARCH 2020: There's this very infectious disease going around. If we implement separation and isolation it will slow down the spread, keep from overwhelming hospitals and prevent millions of deaths. OK! Lets do it!

APRIL 2020: Why aren't millions of people getting infected and overwhelming all of our hospitals? Someone must have LIED! LIARS!

Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    MARCH 2020: There's this very infectious disease going around. If we implement separation and isolation it will slow down the spread, keep from overwhelming hospitals and prevent millions of deaths. OK! Lets do it!

APRIL 2020: Why aren't millions of people getting infected and overwhelming all of our hospitals? Someone must have LIED! LIARS!
    And now most hospitals are laying off employees because of no patients. MUSC in SC laid off 900 hundred because business is down 75%

I'm fine with everything so far. Distancing seems to be working based on the new projections. I can handle the minor inconveniences if it is saving lives.

12. Member
    What they don't want to tell you is that we're going to be on lockdown for at least another year. If not longer.

It's not a matter of keeping people from getting infected. It's a matter of slowing down the spread. You, me, everyone here will get infected. Now comes the question of how. Whether that be through natural transmission of the virus, or via the antibody version in the form of a vaccine. We're 12-18 months away from a vaccine being approved.

Herd immunity is the end goal. Getting there slowly via natural transmission is where we're at right now. Ramping it up via vaccine is where we're headed. Lock down will continue until the end.

Sad, but true.
    2014 Triton 18XS w/ Merc 150 ProXS

None of this will break my spirit. I'm not weak minded though

Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post

Cases here went from less than 100 to 5000+ in 2 weeks, still rising. New York is trying to hire health care people at high dollar amounts from all over the country. Hospitals have nursing staff quitting daily.

Where was the lying exactly? Oh and I donít watch the news, that is just from people I know in health care.

And hopefully you are right, it is overblown because that means less people sick and dying. It is insane to me that some people just think it is no big deal. Letís be the ďthe parade must go on ď society.
    Last edited by cubswin; 04-08-2020 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    And now most hospitals are laying off employees because of no patients. MUSC in SC laid off 900 hundred because business is down 75%
    So. There's layoffs everywhere. And the fed.gov is supplying $600/wk to unemployment benefits for those laid off due to COVID-19. The article said those laid off aren't front line medical staff, it's all of the staff that supports non-emergency and non-critical care. That doesn't mean COVID isn't as dangerous as they said.

just going with the flow here in Kentucky. i believe everything will be fine, almost every job will return and the markets will be at record high by end of year. if a one way shopping isle causes someone to have a mental episode then they have bigger problems than a virus.
    Ranger Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    None of this will break my spirit. I'm not weak minded though
    agreed, sad to see how people act like spoiled children
    ďFor my part, I will observe my usual custom: I will not be tied to the tenets of any single school as something I must obey in my philosophy, but will continue always to ask what is the most plausible answer to each question.Ē

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Cases here went from less than 100 to 5000+ in 2 weeks, still rising. New York is trying to hire health care people at high dollar amounts from all over the country. Hospitals have nursing staff quitting daily.

Where was the lying exactly?

It's the implication every time someone posts something like this:
    Yes and now its being shown those "predictions" are way off
    COVID is not a lie, it is dangerous and uncontrolled it will kill large numbers of people unnecessarily.

I had my kids at the ball field yesterday. I was pitching to them and hitting them some fly balls. I was approached by a park employee and was questioned. I told them they were my kids and he said ok. He was just doing his job but I see lots of kids congregating in groups so it’s good to see them doing there part to help stop that anyways. I’m more worried about my workplace. We just had our third case at work and they aren’t even shutting down to clean. We run 24 hrs a day and we’re a beverage company. We have had three guys out in our maintenance department out for almost two weeks. I’ve heard that they have to inform you if you have had contact with someone who is displaying symptoms or has tested positive and they are not doing that. CDC also advises that anybody who has had contact with those people should also self quarantine for 14 days. They know dam well without maintenance this place will shut down. People are getting very upset, only a matter of time before someone here dies from it and then chit will really hit the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Jamie I'm going Saturday for a little while. I have no doubt he will close them all on Monday. I believe it will be shut down until July 4, you know for the "great new Independence Day". My question will the state EO's ever be removed
    Southport cancelled 4th of July events yesterday down here on the coast. In Wilmington the boat ramps are shut down except for kayaks, paddle boards, canoe, etc. I put in and fished behind Masonboro and towards Wrightsville. When I came back there was a deputy in the parking lot, not sure if he was going to start handing out tickets for all the boats that were still putting in or not.
    "At least I'm not a Communist" --James Carville
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer 13
    Raymarine Dragonfly 5Pro

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast