Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Gonna take a lot more than some pansy ass virus to break this country. Some folks may struggle with the restrictions placed on them but they will adapt. The millennials may require some extra therapy when it's over but they to will survive.

2. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    Gonna take a lot more than some pansy ass virus to break this country. Some folks may struggle with the restrictions placed on them but they will adapt. The millennials may require some extra therapy when it's over but they to will survive.
    take a look around BBC, its not millennials acting like they need therapy.....
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

They are now starting to do test to see how many people have an immunity to this. I believe the results of those test will be eye opening, because allot more people have already had this virus and recovered IMO.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    They are now starting to do test to see how many people have an immunity to this. I believe the results of those test will be eye opening, because allot more people have already had this virus and recovered IMO.
    I feel like millions and millions of people already have it. I know my family had it in February we were all sick for damn near a month. I couldn't walk to the mailbox without sitting down cuz I would lose my breath.

5. Member
    Some of my RN wife's work friends volunteered and are working in New York now.....she's gotten a few texts from them and they say it's as bad as they say...
    That's all I need hear......I'll stay around home as long as it takes. Alive and broke is better then rich and dead.

6. Member
    I have Learned over the years people just don’t like to be inconvenient . with that being said I went to a couple local lakes this weekend and there was a few people holding individual tournaments 15 to 20 boats if they continue to do this that’s when the state shut down your waterways people just do not want to be inconvenience

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    agreed, sad to see how people act like spoiled children
    Entitled *******s!! Stay Home and Stay Safe! It’s not always about YOU or ME.... Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Big J Mac View Post
    I have Learned over the years people just don’t like to be inconvenient . with that being said I went to a couple local lakes this weekend and there was a few people holding individual tournaments 15 to 20 boats if they continue to do this that’s when the state shut down your waterways people just do not want to be inconvenience
    Depends where it is I guess. I believe different areas should have different restrictions. No reason for some small towns in South Dakota to be under the same rules as New York City. No need to destroy those small economies because the big cities are having issues.

9. Member
    im 100% sure i had it last fall. horrible cough for a month, i would be out of breath just walking up the stairs. fever, aches, chills. flu test negative. NOTHING i took medicine wise made a bit of a difference. it hit me full blown in like 6 hours, and disappeared just as fast a month later.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by JoshKeller View Post
    im 100% sure i had it last fall. horrible cough for a month, i would be out of breath just walking up the stairs. fever, aches, chills. flu test negative. NOTHING i took medicine wise made a bit of a difference. it hit me full blown in like 6 hours, and disappeared just as fast a month later.
    I had the same thing here in January. Exactly as you described it and then gone after 3-4 weeks. Never had anything like it before.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Cases here went from less than 100 to 5000+ in 2 weeks, still rising. New York is trying to hire health care people at high dollar amounts from all over the country. Hospitals have nursing staff quitting daily.

Where was the lying exactly? Oh and I don’t watch the news, that is just from people I know in health care.

And hopefully you are right, it is overblown because that means less people sick and dying. It is insane to me that some people just think it is no big deal. Let’s be the “the parade must go on “ society.
    Must be red tape involved, I know of a group of doctors that left Oklahoma to volunteer in NYC, they were waiting in hotels for an assignment still after being there a week.

Quote Originally Posted by cneubass79 View Post
    Depends where it is I guess. I believe different areas should have different restrictions. No reason for some small towns in South Dakota to be under the same rules as New York City. No need to destroy those small economies because the big cities are having issues.
    Shocking that people in NYC weren’t going to follow rules. Just shocking
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    I had the same thing here in January. Exactly as you described it and then gone after 3-4 weeks. Never had anything like it before.
    Same here...

Quote Originally Posted by Stein View Post
    No no no. It didn’t get here until the first of March. Listen to the briefings
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Seems every day state lawmakers are putting in new executive orders dealing with social distance. Parks closed, beaches closed. Now in NC the news ones getting ready to be put in. One way isles in stores, guard rails to keep people back, only so many in stores. I think folks are about to the breaking point.
    We have been under all of those orders and rules here where I am in Canada for a couple weeks now. Most grocery stores only allow 25 people at a time in the store and you walk around following arrows on the floor like little kids at daycare following footprints to the potty. We’ve been on “social distancing” since like the 13th or 14th of March. People are starting to go crazy (myself included). Police are ticketing people for walking their dogs in parks even with no one else around. Luckily I live in a small rural area and people are pretty good at keeping apart and staying pretty friendly with each other but I keep hearing that domestic violence calls are increasing in many areas across the country. I really think that it’s almost at a tipping point. So far people are mostly being compliant and following along but frustration is high and I could see it coming to a point where people just get fed up and say enough is enough and start revolting against it all in numbers.

16. Banned
    80% of people show zero symptoms, 80-90% are mild, 90-95% are severe and 95-97% are critical, 2-3% are fatal. I'd bet millions have it, or have had it, and never knew.

17. Banned
    Its starting to look like the guvment F'd this one up big time...

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    What they don't want to tell you is that we're going to be on lockdown for at least another year. If not longer.

It's not a matter of keeping people from getting infected. It's a matter of slowing down the spread. You, me, everyone here will get infected. Now comes the question of how. Whether that be through natural transmission of the virus, or via the antibody version in the form of a vaccine. We're 12-18 months away from a vaccine being approved.

Herd immunity is the end goal. Getting there slowly via natural transmission is where we're at right now. Ramping it up via vaccine is where we're headed. Lock down will continue until the end.

Sad, but true.
    Your thoughts seem to be what many people are missing in this whole deal. Nobody has said this virus will go away if we do everything right. So far, just over 1 million people worldwide have tested positive. That leaves just somewhere over 6 billion people that haven't gotten it yet. Going back to normal means there will be multiple waves, until of course a vaccine is available.
    2005 Nitro NX882 single console
    Mercury 150 XR6 1B042145
    36V 112 lbs thrust MinnKota Ultrex

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    It staggers my sense of logic...most people will do anything to fight death, except not going to the park.
    Untold millions have fought and died over the concepts of freedoms, civil liberties, and whatever they perceive to be the best form of government. We have a strong stubborn streak in this country in particular so a little pushback isn't surprising

20. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rb View Post
    Shocking that people in NYC weren’t going to follow rules. Just shocking
    Shocking how you can try to put that on one city when those not following the rules are all over, not just one place....
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast