Thread: Ramp closures

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ramp closures

Hopkinton/Elm Brook/Stumpfield is still gated. Hopefully they will open it when the recent high water recedes (and it's not Fed related).
    The Vo-Tec ramp on the Merrimack is closed/coned and taped off. I read the sign, but it didn't full register - I believe it said the closure was by the city. There were no other details.

2. Member
    Man I haven't been back to Stumpfield in 2 years I think, I miss that place. Thanks for the update, a buddy of mine and I were just talking about Stumpfield this morning, he was planning in heading there after work. You just saved his day.

3. Member
    I used to fish it better before the milfoil got established. Since I discovered chatterbaits, things are looking up again. Here I am getting it in the teeth.
    Untitled.png

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

4. Member
    We stopped going to Stumpy because it seemed like the fishing just got really bad. Fished a overnight with Queen City there 15 years ago and the Bass weighed in were incredible
    Red Sox in 6!

5. Member
    ... meant to add that the top of the ramp at Turtletown suffered some winter damage. The top log is rolled enough to clip my rear crossmember. Four 2' pieces of 2X6 would prevent that.

6. Member
    Hop/Stumpfield still has the "closed" sign up, as of Sunday. Saw a pair of kayaks in the channel, but they may have carted in from the gate. Water appears to be close to a foot high.

7. Member
    Anyone know if Newfound is open
    5 Short of a limit

8. Member
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EJmagnum186-NH View Post
    Anyone know if Newfound is open
    Been open for about a week now.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Been open for about a week now.
    Is the ramp open? I would think the gate is closed since it is part of a State Park and they are closed until May 4th at the earliest.
    Scott Doughty
    2022 Skeeter ZX225 - 2022 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Salem, NH

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doogie01801 View Post
    Is the ramp open? I would think the gate is closed since it is part of a State Park and they are closed until May 4th at the earliest.
    Aww crap I totally forgot about that. It's the only lake I fish that I have to access through a state park, so I always forget it's a state park. No idea if it's open but I would think it would be, they can lock off access to the rest of the park and leave the launch open.

Probably have to call to make sure. There is a marina down near the bridge that has a launch, could always call and see if they're open and allowing launching. If so, I do know for a fact that you can park your trailer along the south shore road at the beach. I asked the police department and they said it's fine so long as it's before Memorial Day.

12. Member
    Thanks Travis & Scott I appreciate the info. I am on vacation the end of May & 1st week of June and want to get out before then. If this chaos hasn't blown over by then I just want to know where I can go and still be able to launch the boat before I drive 2 hrs and hit a locked gate.
    5 Short of a limit

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EJmagnum186-NH View Post
    Thanks Travis & Scott I appreciate the info. I am on vacation the end of May & 1st week of June and want to get out before then. If this chaos hasn't blown over by then I just want to know where I can go and still be able to launch the boat before I drive 2 hrs and hit a locked gate.
    Checked with the Newfound Lake facebook group and they said the ramp is open, but the floating dock is not in yet in case you were thinking of going up any time soon.

14. Member
    State parks are closed as far as staff goes but the parks themselves are still accessible. I am hoping to get to Newfound on Sunday and will let you know one way or another. I might get there Saturday but gas prices are drawing me to Squam instead for Saturday to fill everything up.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

15. Member
    It would be great if it is open. Massabessic's launch next to the old church (now a school) is locked and the park gate at the rotary is locked as well (as of last weekend) so I assumed Newfound would be to.

Eddie Joe, Merrymeeting will be open as well and that should be GREAT fishing that time of year. Not as much parking, but still a great lake to fish.
    Scott Doughty
    2022 Skeeter ZX225 - 2022 Yamaha 225 SHO
    Salem, NH

Eddie Joe, I will meet you down Merrymeeting on a weekend in the next couple weeks. Place will either be awesome or totally suck...LOL

17. Member
    For me Merrymeeting and Stumpfield are the biggest hit or misses I’ve fished.
    Red Sox in 6!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim R View Post
    Eddie Joe, I will meet you down Merrymeeting on a weekend in the next couple weeks. Place will either be awesome or totally suck...LOL
    Can I come too please? I still really really really suck with a jerkbait and need more guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Can I come too please? I still really really really suck with a jerkbait and need more guidance.
    Yes, grasshopper....

Is Franklin pierce a state ramp ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast