Thread: Open Ramps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by drafto View Post
    Can I come from out of state to recreationally fish, hunt or crab for the day?

During the stay at home order, recreational fishing, hunting, and crabbing, including intentional catch-and-release, in Maryland is prohibited. Engaging in these activities is permitted only if seeking sustenance for you or your family. No Maryland resident should be leaving their home unless it is for an essential job or reason, such as obtaining food or medicine, seeking urgent medical attention, or other necessary purposes.

Visitors should follow the directives given to Maryland residents in addition to recommendations in your home state regarding travel and recreation. Everyone should also follow CDC guidance on domestic travel. The restrictions on recreational fishing, hunting, and crabbing, as well as all standard regulations regarding catch limits and license requirements, must be followed by all Maryland residents and visitors at all times.
    Way I read that is NO. I have seen guys from PA going down there and "harvesting" a fish to make it look "legal" but that's a stretch. No telling how DNR would react. I've fished down there for over 20 yrs and think I've talked to DNR, once, and seen a DNR officer one other time. Pretty easy pickings if they wanna be strict right now.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

2. Member
    For sustenance, yes. For recreation or catch and release, no. Same applies to both in and out of state. The law is, if you say you are keeping fish, you are good. You are inline with the order. The reality is, there is no way to enforce this order that would hold up in court. Which anyone would appeal a 5k fine if DNR gave them one. Not saying any of this is right, just saying it's impossible to enforce.

3. Member
    The whole thing is stupid if you ask me if you look at the government link that Phoenix drew posted they ask can I go kayaking or paddle boarding the answer was yes because it's considered exercising so you can go out in the middle of the water and get your exercise as long as you practice safe distancing but you can't go out and fish in the middle of the water and practice safe distancing all I know is I can exercise inside my house but I sure as heck can't fish in my house also I know us bass fishermen put a whole lot more revenue into Maryland's pocket than kayakers and paddle boarders now don't get me wrong I can see them pulling the permits for tournaments because of a lot of people gathering but if an individual wants to hook up to his boat and go out and fish or even just go for a boat ride they should be allowed to just practice the safe distancing rule

4. Member
    Guys, the bottom line is you either agree or disagree. You either choose, or not choose to fish. Per this order, you can fish.
    How you want to break it down to fit your narrative is up to you, but we can still fish. The loop hole is there, so use it. So just stop bitching about what you choose not to do, and the ones who choose to go....just use your head (and not the small one) and do smart, ie....no pics, go by yourself, and if you live out of state, you simply cant be on MD waters....unless you want to self quarantine for 14 days for crossing state lines. Its that simple. This sucks for alot of people, and not fishing tournaments blows, but in the end for most, its just a long, shitty inconvenience that will soon be over. So just chill out and go fish, or not, but just stop the bitching about it.
    I hope you all are safe and healthy, and cant wait to get back fishing tournaments again.
    MAGA!!!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
    Guys, the bottom line is you either agree or disagree. You either choose, or not choose to fish. Per this order, you can fish.
    How you want to break it down to fit your narrative is up to you, but we can still fish. The loop hole is there, so use it. So just stop bitching about what you choose not to do, and the ones who choose to go....just use your head (and not the small one) and do smart, ie....no pics, go by yourself, and if you live out of state, you simply cant be on MD waters....unless you want to self quarantine for 14 days for crossing state lines. Its that simple. This sucks for alot of people, and not fishing tournaments blows, but in the end for most, its just a long, shitty inconvenience that will soon be over. So just chill out and go fish, or not, but just stop the bitching about it.
    I hope you all are safe and healthy, and cant wait to get back fishing tournaments again.
    MAGA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
    MAGA!!!!

X2
    Meanwhile, the bass are getting fat and stupid.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Member
    Come on down, your out of state stickers and plates will stick out like a soar dick!

Hey shotgun, sore dicks or not, they have been coming, with no repercussion.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

I'm probably posting more responses in this thread than anyone, but it really pisses me off that people are disregarding the order to not recreational boat or fish. It's a historical 100 year pandemic that we are living through. Some of us won't make it. I know one person so far that didn't make it. Obey the f#$#@ing law, order, request, advisory, or whatever you want to call it. You're not special. You're not above the law.
    Just my $.02.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    I'm probably posting more responses in this thread than anyone, but it really pisses me off that people are disregarding the order to not recreational boat or fish. It's a historical 100 year pandemic that we are living through. Some of us won't make it. I know one person so far that didn't make it. Obey the f#$#@ing law, order, request, advisory, or whatever you want to call it. You're not special. You're not above the law.
    Just my $.02.
    Totally agree!

11. Member
    You are absolutely right TDT91. I launch at Lapidum yesterday. PA and NJ tags in lot. I get there at 8:30 am and no parking slots available for trailers. I make a circle and come back as 2 boats are pulling out. I am able to commandeer a spot. 4 more boats waiting to launch. 2 are PA tagged. The lot was filled with out of state tags without trailers as well. Park Ranger circling lot most of day. Did not see him leave his truck to talk to anybody. Look like he was only there if there were any issues. While out on the river out of state boats were at a 1:1 ratio with MD that appeared to be Bass fishing. Lets face it. Fishing for food was an intended loop hole. Also saw NRP boat on river. Never saw it check any boats.
    Last edited by mdbasser; 04-26-2020 at 06:31 AM. Reason: adding handle

12. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    It's all about what you say to them. I know a guy that went to the ramp to start his new to him boat. He just wanted to hear it run. DNR went up to him and asked what he was doing. He said he was just starting his boat to see how it ran. DNR read him the riot act and told him he should not be at the ramp testing his motor and to go home. All said while at least 45 other boats were out and fishing!! I decided to try to go catch a few snakeheads. DNR was at the ramp. I walked up to DNR and said" Man, I can't believe so many people are out!" He said, " Yeah, I can't either"....Then I told him I was going out to try to catch a nice Snakehead for dinner. He told me his buddy was out there doing the same thing, he wished me luck and away I went!!! NUTS!
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    It's all about what you say to them. I know a guy that went to the ramp to start his new to him boat. He just wanted to hear it run. DNR went up to him and asked what he was doing. He said he was just starting his boat to see how it ran. DNR read him the riot act and told him he should not be at the ramp testing his motor and to go home. All said while at least 45 other boats were out and fishing!! I decided to try to go catch a few snakeheads. DNR was at the ramp. I walked up to DNR and said" Man, I can't believe so many people are out!" He said, " Yeah, I can't either"....Then I told him I was going out to try to catch a nice Snakehead for dinner. He told me his buddy was out there doing the same thing, he wished me luck and away I went!!! NUTS!

I haven't eaten one yet. And there's a first for everything.snakeheads in Maryland.pdf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12