Thread: Shaeron Harris?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. BBC LifeTimeMember jimb175nc's Avatar
    I was there today. Some creeks stained/dingey, some not. Testing fishing equipment, no bites. Tomorrow, KERR LAKE HERE I COME!
    something smells

Quote Originally Posted by jimb175nc View Post
    I was there today. Some creeks stained/dingey, some not. Testing fishing equipment, no bites. Tomorrow, KERR LAKE HERE I COME!
    Damn Jimbo. Too bad we didn't cross paths. Been a long time. I was out there in the morning.
    Discipline is the key, if you can't hack it, pack it!

3. Member
    I was there Sunday, windy...
    Secondary points, windward sides, shallow 2-5...

So, I was at Shearon Harris on Saturday. Got there right at 0600 and there was probably already two dozen trailers in the parking lot. Someone else was having a tournament again as there were about a dozen or so boats waiting to launch. I fished until about 1230. Did well, nothing of note, but still catching them on a spinner bait and worm. By 1130 or so I believe everyone that owned a boat in NC was on the water. The place was packed like the 4th of July. When I got back to the ramp there was a long line of people both putting in and pulling out; mostly putting in. I nearly couldn't get my trailer out of the parking spot (the very last spot near the entrance (for reference), because some a$$hole that couldn't park a truck and moomba trailer had me wedged in. He was in the dirt next to me. Took several attempts to back out without hitting his trailer. The parking lot was completely full, the prep area had people parked there, they were parked in the dirt, almost to the entrance.

Here's where it gets interesting. Pulling out of the lot back onto the access road there's a Wildlife officer sitting at the intersection. I saw guys lining up to put in...that didn't pull into the area...until I was pulling out. I have never seen that before and I've been fishing Shearon Harris for 20+ years. Anybody else make it out there on Saturday?...Anyone from the tournament?
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I wonder how it is during the week??

I have every other Friday off on my job...last Friday wasn't bad at all. There was roughly half the parking lot open at noon.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    So, I was at Shearon Harris on Saturday. Got there right at 0600 and there was probably already two dozen trailers in the parking lot. Someone else was having a tournament again as there were about a dozen or so boats waiting to launch. I fished until about 1230. Did well, nothing of note, but still catching them on a spinner bait and worm. By 1130 or so I believe everyone that owned a boat in NC was on the water. The place was packed like the 4th of July. When I got back to the ramp there was a long line of people both putting in and pulling out; mostly putting in. I nearly couldn't get my trailer out of the parking spot (the very last spot near the entrance (for reference), because some a$$hole that couldn't park a truck and moomba trailer had me wedged in. He was in the dirt next to me. Took several attempts to back out without hitting his trailer. The parking lot was completely full, the prep area had people parked there, they were parked in the dirt, almost to the entrance.

Here's where it gets interesting. Pulling out of the lot back onto the access road there's a Wildlife officer sitting at the intersection. I saw guys lining up to put in...that didn't pull into the area...until I was pulling out. I have never seen that before and I've been fishing Shearon Harris for 20+ years. Anybody else make it out there on Saturday?...Anyone from the tournament?
    carbon copy for lake James, there were so many boats I basically had to idle back to the ramp, and then proceed to wait in line for an hour to get my trailer in the water.
    2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS - HDS Carbon 16 & HDS Carbon 12 - Minn Kota Ultrex

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post

I finally got the boat our on Saturday at Harris too (Avent Ferry Ramp). Got there about 2pm (maybe?)...was in the water in about 20 minutes..not too much wait. It was busy but people were being pretty smart about things. Fished for a few hours with no success...still adjusting to operating the boat and being on the front...got out no problem.

Apparenlty Sunday was a different story.....

Quote Originally Posted by piratefishing View Post
    I finally got the boat our on Saturday at Harris too (Avent Ferry Ramp). Got there about 2pm (maybe?)...was in the water in about 20 minutes..not too much wait. It was busy but people were being pretty smart about things. Fished for a few hours with no success...still adjusting to operating the boat and being on the front...got out no problem.

Apparenlty Sunday was a different story.....
    What was the water temp that afternoon?...While I was there it was about 68-70. I caught all of mine in probably 3-5' of water. Beat the bank from one end to the other, near the dam down to creek area (Buckhorn).
    2016 Nitro Z21

How’s lake fishing after cold front ? Weekly traffic on lake??

Fish are jumping in the boat. Loads of 6-8 lbers. I personally have not caught any small ones in the last 3 trips. Nothing under 3 lbs. Last Thursday Josh and I caught around 25 in 4 hours with best 5 @ 36 lbs. Yesterday caught several with 4 overs.

98162533_10216510108602022_8836991204039065600_o.jpg
    96657929_10216491073286151_1934832893687758848_o.jpg

Noice job guys..

13. Member
    How deep are fish and what bait?

14. Banned
    Them are your big fish pics from the past couple years. At least that's what JP said.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Them are your big fish pics from the past couple years. At least that's what JP said.
    He saw the videos, Ill resend to him to refresh his 1 week old memory :)

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiner View Post
    He saw the videos, Ill resend to him to refresh his 1 week old memory :)
    LOL just messing with you buddy. At least since they cancelled all the tourney's this year I haven't had to make any of your boat payments. I would gladly though just to get back to fishing some.

Looks like they still bedding, those tails reflect that???? Great Job guys ! Not saying how you caught them bedding but tails don't lie !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bass2dy View Post
    Looks like they still bedding, those tails reflect that???? Great Job guys ! Not saying how you caught them bedding but tails don't lie !!!!!!
    I do not bed fish. These were fish that have pulled off the bank.

Guess just finished then , good post spawn fish !!! Great job

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast