Thread: Shaeron Harris?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CigarBasser View Post
    Very SAD.. Thx for the update.
    I was there yesterday, I got there about 10:00 a.m. put the boat right in fished till about 4:00 p.m. didn't have to wait to take out!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

2. Member
    Monday the ramps werent too busy.... definitely not full, the parking lot was maybe 3/4 full. Fish were biting but had to slow down and fish. Water was definitely off color and carp were everywhere but the bass were too.
    STRATOS 294 PRO XL, YAMAHA VMAX 200

Thanks. I've got the boat plugged in now, will be going out first thing in the morning.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

4. Member
    Man, that water color is off for sure. Same thing happened in Lake Austin in Texas, it was gin clear when it had millfoil and hydrilla, then they overcrowded it with grass carp, turned into a turd bowl. They will start eating the reeds, the carp will literally take a whole reed and swim off with it, looks like a snorkel. The fishing will get bad, real bad in about a year or two. Sucks
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

5. Member
    There were already a good number of large carp in Harris. Some 15-20 lbs. Then add 70,000 winter on 2018. Kill the vegetation and I forgot to mention earlier, clear cut down to the shoreline! Just a damn shame!

Dang shame bbbill.. Hard finding a better fishery..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

I was out on Friday. Got there at 0615, about a half dozen of us putting in at Cross Point. When I left around noon the lot was less than half full.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I had been going to Harris trying capatilize on spawn, but with dirty water and recreation boats non stop 7 days week and fishing pressure and lack of any productivity i went to Kerr, alot bigger and water in better shape, this past Sunday I wacked them, the Wind was my friend is all I will say! my hands still sore from landing lipping releasing so many, to include stripers that i caught in between LM catches! Best day I have as far as quality and quantity in long time, Kerr is in good shape when you find them with right pattefish 1.PNGfish 2.PNGrn for sure !!!!

9. Banned
    Nice fish! Kerr is thr place to not get over run and catch fish for sure.

Nice. The wind WAS NOT my friend on Shearon Harris Friday, It was doing 25 knots across the water, seemingly from all directions. I got beat up...and skunked.
    2016 Nitro Z21

Headed back out there early Saturday morning. Anyone been there this week? Any crowding? I plan on going early, when it's still a bit chilly and dark, so I'm not expecting too many recreation boaters.
    2016 Nitro Z21

12. Member
    1stIndoor I'd like hear how things went today and any tips you might can give me. I know we had rain this am and then the wind all day. I plan to go over there tomorrow morning and give it a try and tinker with my setup.

I caught one and lost one yesterday. Spent most of the morning fighting the wind and rain. I was there from 0615 to about 1200. There was a small tournament that was getting started when I got to the ramp. Maybe 10 boats were loitering around the no wake zone waiting for safe light. I caught one lost on a worm on a shaky head in about 3-4 feet of water in the creeks. Saw one guy catch a nice one deep in the creek on a senko. Talked to another guy who was pulling out when I did, and he claimed 3 on a spinner bait.
    2016 Nitro Z21

14. Banned
    Was that a wildlife ramp?

If memory serves that lake is still owned by the power plant and the ramp is not controlled by the parks.
    2016 Nitro Z21

16. Banned
    If it is Crosspoint where you put in at then that would be a wildlife ramp. All tourney permits have been pulled. It would take idiots to have done that and not bass fishermen. Maybe they were night fishing?

It was Crosspoint; and definitely bass fisherman (could have been crappie fisherman with deep wallets...but probably bass). Probably 10 boats in total (2 guys per boat). They might have been from out of town, but all had NC registrations on them as I actually thought to look. I know they weren't night fishing because they starting launching at the same time I took off. The rain slacked off around 1000 or so and when I got back to the ramp (around noon) it was less than half full.
    2016 Nitro Z21

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    If it is Crosspoint where you put in at then that would be a wildlife ramp. All tourney permits have been pulled. It would take idiots to have done that and not bass fishermen. Maybe they were night fishing?
    Guess it were idiots then. Everyone has an entitlement attitude these days.

I never saw them put in, so I can't tell you if they were crowding. On the water they were floating a good 20-30 feet apart around the no wake bouy. I think they launched around 0625.
    2016 Nitro Z21

I was out there on Friday....catching fish all morning, chartreuse/white spinner bait. Deepest was maybe 5-6'. Average was in the 2-3' range. Biggest fish was probably 3.5 lbs, lost one at the boat that might have hit 5 lbs. Saw several wake boats out there...so that time of year is getting closer.
    2016 Nitro Z21

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast