Adding more transducers

I have a HDS Carbon unit and a 3D Module along with a skimmer transducer and the 3D ducer. I want to add a Spotlight scan transducer to my TM. Now, here is the question. HOW do I add this ducer? I haven't actually received it yet but "I think" it has the blue connector and I don't know if that is compatible with NMEA 2000 connectors. Does anyone know what connector it actually has?

2. Member
    Why do you want a SpotlightScan? I actually don't think it would be possible to connect both. You could switch the Skimmer for a Spotlight.

Are you just trying to get Downscan? A Carbon has both a 7 pin blue connector and a 9 pin black connector. Your current Skimmer will connect to the 7 pin, the 3D module connects through Ethernet, and if you get a 9 pin HDI, it will connect to the black connector. This will be less than ideal as you will have to select the transducer you want everytime you want to change the view and your setup will be very important to be sure everything works. You cannot connect a transducer directly to a NMEA network. You need a unit to process the signal besides the fact that sonar images cannot be transferred over NMEA. Only depth, temp, speed, etc. Simple data bits only.

NoCAL
    Last edited by NoCAL; 04-08-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

3. Member
    NoCAL sure knows Lowrance, always listening to his comments and learning.