MERCURY 150 OPTIMAX HELP

Hey guys.. new here and looking for any suggestions or advice... Recently bought a new to me boat with a Opti 150 on back.. However, am experiencing a HIGH IDLE after coming down from cruising or WOT... Only way to make it go away is to shut the boat off and restart...

I've read a few things on this and seem to be a myriad off possible issues out there... One being the Throttle position Indicator may be be bad?? I did order a new one an am waiting on it... Has anybody experienced this and what was the fix?

The other issue I have with the boat is the analog tach does not work.. When is start the boat it does absolutely nothing... Doesn't jump etc.. However the back light still works so I'm assuming is has power.. Regardless I have just decided might be a good time to just switch to a digital tach like the SC1000... As it will give some of the engine data etc.... No sure I need or want the Mercmonitor...

Are there other options similar to the SC1000 TACH that might be any cheaper??

Appreciated any help or suggestions.... SERIAL NUMBER: 1B105337 2005 150XL OPTIMAX

2. Member
    Anybody?

3. Member
    very possible TPS faulty have seen some do exactly that must be replaced/ SC1000
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    Vessel View Mobile might be a good choice too. Check out these two Sticky topics in the 3L forum:

SMARTCRAFT Options

New VesselView Mobile
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax