Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Question Covid/Flu vaccine

How many plan on taking the Covid vaccine shot when it is available? I never take the regular flu shot but I will have to give some thought on taking this new one.

Seems like a no brained to me. The flu shot is a no brained too.

3. Member
    I will get it as soon as it is available.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

4. Member
    Only after it has passed the clinical trials and some have started taking it. I'm definitely not going to be one of the first to take it.

5. Member
    sign me up
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 6" Fabtec Lift, American trux custom wheel and Nitto tires
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

6. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I'll take it, no reason not to, just like there is no reason to not take a flu shot.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

7. Member
    I always get flu shot every October, the Docs like you to have it in your system a few weeks before holiday season.

I work for a healthcare company. I doubt I will have much of a choice.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    BassCat Puma FTD 2015 250 ProXS
    - R.I.P. old friend 2015 - 2019

9. Member
    I wonder if those folks that won't allow their kids to be vaccinated for things like MMR due to their beliefs and such will feel the same away about this vaccine and not vaccinate themselves nor their kids?

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and Newboro Lake, Ontario
    I've already heard of folks saying no way they will take this vaccine or give it to their kids. I say let them stay in their homes then.
    2014 Ranger RT188 Silver / 2004 90 hp Merc Optimax
    22" Laser II prop (tweaked by Mark Croxton)
    43.0 mph GPS on flat water, 45.7 mph on April 29, 2018 in a good tailwind on SML with 1/2 tank gas!
    Hummingbird 898 SI/DI / Hummingbird Helix 9
    16' Mirrorcraft tin boat of unknown age with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke
    2 Emotion kayaks / 2 Pelican kayaks
    One Coleman canoe / One Soara fiberglass canoe

11. Member
    I’ll take the civil vaccine but not the flu vaccine. The flu vaccine is a gamble based on the probability of that single strain being the most prominent for the year, when there’s a crap ton of different strains that can actually be the highest occurance. The last 4 years they got the vaccine strain wrong.

the covid vaccine is focused on an individual virus strain and is as much of a shot in the dark.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

12. Member
    Yes i'll take it, plus the flu shot.

Apparently, this story hasn't made the national news to any meaningful extent yet. But, it's very promising news with regards to administering hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc. Apparently, zinc is the key component for it to work effectively. Why we're not hearing more of these kinds of stories vs. the doomsday scenarios is beyond me. The MSM pummels the COVID-19 Task Force every day for mentioning this therapy as "dangerous" and "unproven", yet that would seem not to be the case at all.
    https://abc7.com/health/la-doctor-se...id-19/6079864/

From Dr. Cardillo,
    "Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution."
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

14. Member
    I get every available vaccine and this will be no different for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I’ll take the covid vaccine but not the flu vaccine. The flu vaccine is a gamble based on the probability of that single strain being the most prominent for the year, when there’s a crap ton of different strains that can actually be the highest occurance. The last 4 years they got the vaccine strain wrong.

the covid vaccine is focused on an individual virus strain and is as much of a shot in the dark.
    Same here.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I’ll take the civil vaccine but not the flu vaccine. The flu vaccine is a gamble based on the probability of that single strain being the most prominent for the year, when there’s a crap ton of different strains that can actually be the highest occurance. The last 4 years they got the vaccine strain wrong.

A typical flu shot typically covers 3-4 of the most prevalent, or common, influenza strains based on the data they have on hand when they develop the vaccine. They aren't always spot on, but I'll take my chances WITH the flu shot vs. Without.
    And, BTW, before it comes up. You CANNOT get the flu from taking a flu shot.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Apparently, this story hasn't made the national news to any meaningful extent yet. But, it's very promising news with regards to administering hydroxychloroquine in combination with zinc. Apparently, zinc is the key component for it to work effectively. Why we're not hearing more of these kinds of stories vs. the doomsday scenarios is beyond me. The MSM pummels the COVID-19 Task Force every day for mentioning this therapy as "dangerous" and "unproven", yet that would seem not to be the case at all.
    https://abc7.com/health/la-doctor-se...id-19/6079864/

From Dr. Cardillo,
    "Every patient I've prescribed it to has been very, very ill and within 8 to 12 hours, they were basically symptom-free," Cardillo told Eyewitness News. "So clinically I am seeing a resolution."

My opinion is people are more interested in what Academia doctors and scientists are saying instead of paying attention to those who are on the lines in real time.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by #1MagicStick View Post
    I wonder if those folks that won't allow their kids to be vaccinated for things like MMR due to their beliefs and such will feel the same away about this vaccine and not vaccinate themselves nor their kids?
    Ironic. I was wondering the opposite...

19. Member
    I always take the flu shot, no different with this one after it passes trials and approval.

20. Member
    NOPE.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast