Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Unfortunately they probably won't. I made a "must have" trip to HD yesterday for concrete, and paver sand to complete my drive gate project. Apparently, there are already a bunch of people who believe they are immune to COVID-19, and don't really care about those around them. Maybe, maybe, 25% of the people I saw were wearing masks, or any type of face coverings. Mostly older folks. Not single store associate I saw was wearing a mask or face covering, and only a few were wearing gloves. And many of the customers were gathered around visiting within a 2-3 feet of each other just shooting the breeze. I was aware of keeping my distance and took the long way around several times to avoid many of them. Saw a grandpa walking thru the store with his 3 granddaughters in tow like nothing was going on around them. And then I'm the self checkout, and the lady who was working it started towards me, and came within a foot or so before I saw her behind me. I backed away, and told her to please keep her distance. She gave me a hard look, and walked off pissed.
    I'm not panicked about this, but I'm taking necessary precautions for the foreseeable future, and I guess I expect others to have some modicum of common sense. I guess I need to learn to live with disappointment alongside my faith in humanity.
    Two kinds of people in this world. Those who get it, and those who don't.
    I saw an older gentleman in the grocery store yesterday with a large oxygen tank in the grocery cart and tubes running to his nose but no mask or nothing else walking around pushing the cart. I thought to myself how brave he must be doing that in these current conditions or maybe ignorant I don't know. I also gave him a wide berth to avoid him.

2. Member
    I won't take a flu shot, I get sick every time I take one, sometimes worse than having the flu. Not sure on the Covid vaccine, would prefer others be the guinea pigs first LOL

3. Member
    I wonder if the vaccine will be made in the USA or another country? If it’s made elsewhere count me
    out
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

3 out 4 in my household will get vaccinated. My son is allergic to flu shots so he probably won't be able to get one.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    I won't take a flu shot, I get sick every time I take one, sometimes worse than having the flu. Not sure on the Covid vaccine, would prefer others be the guinea pigs first LOL
    Lol
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    no way. I'll take my chances with a Zpack and hydroxychloroquine if I get it. Why msm is downplaying its effectiveness is puzzling.
    It's no mystery to me why this particular news outlet is downplaying it's effectiveness.

As for the vaccine, my wife and I, plus our kids and grandkids will all get it. My wife is high risk and until a vaccine is available, we will likely have to quarantine and only be around others who we know have also quarantined. We have no choice.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chautauquanuy View Post
    I will get it as soon as it is available.
    This for me also

8. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    I’ll take the civil vaccine but not the flu vaccine. The flu vaccine is a gamble based on the probability of that single strain being the most prominent for the year, when there’s a crap ton of different strains that can actually be the highest occurance. The last 4 years they got the vaccine strain wrong.

the covid vaccine is focused on an individual virus strain and is as much of a shot in the dark.
    I am hoping that the "universal" flu vaccine passes all it's trials.

With the emphasis on social distancing to protect yourself and others you would think those tgat choose to decline the immunization would continue to social distance to help prevent spread to tge others not immunized.

10. Member
    I will get the vaccine as soon as I can. I also get the flu and pneumonia shots. I will never understand why anyone would chose not to be immunized. It's a shame that the majority have to be put at risk due to the stupidity of the few.

11. Member
    You betcha!

I will get it as soon as I can as well. Not sure why so many people are so scared of vaccines. Except for a very small percentage of people, there is no evidence that they cause any harm at all and they have saved millions and millions of lives.

When it comes out, i wont have a choice...i will get the vaccine.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    I will get the vaccine as soon as I can. I also get the flu and pneumonia shots. I will never understand why anyone would chose not to be immunized. It's a shame that the majority have to be put at risk due to the stupidity of the few.
    I'll never understand how the stupidity of one who feels like another opinion is less valuable than theirs. Probably the people who choose not to get it feel the same about you.

15. Member
    nope, at least not for a year or two.
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APS View Post
    no way. I'll take my chances with a Zpack and hydroxychloroquine if I get it. Why msm is downplaying its effectiveness is puzzling.
    They aren't there is no vaccine at the moment and health officials are saying it could take up to year to get one to market.
    Last edited by jerzia; 04-07-2020 at 09:22 PM.

17. Member
    Right now your 401k is showing you what a world without vaccines would be like.

I would get it.
    Mike Wright '07 Ranger 520vx
    Henrico Va./Henrico NC.

I'll sign you guys up for the trial, then let me know how it all works out, please.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

20. Member
    I am susceptible to bronchial issues. I don't want to suffocate to death, or have a tube stuck past my epiglottis jamming Oxygen into me. I'd take a vaccine.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast