Thread: Kimber Micro 9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kimber Micro 9

I've been wanting one of these for a while now. I really like the look of the stainless with the rosewood handles. Who has a Micro 9? Likes-dislikes?

My next gun will be a Kimber Micro 9 two-tone with Rosewood handles. Beautiful gun. I have a friend with a Micro 9, and an Ultra Carry II short barrel. Just top shelf all around. He hates it when we go to the range together. I always want to shot his Kimbers. I even bring my own ammo.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    Ultra Carry II here, but buddy has a micro. Sweet gun, points easier than most its size I think. I've put several rounds through it and a little disappointed I don't own one. I probably wouldn't carry it if I did, different strokes for different folks.

4. Member
    I've had a Solo Carry for years. It's my normal EDC. I put a finger extender on the end of the magazines. If the Micro is anything like the Solo it'll be VERY picky with ammo. Kimber only recommends a few different rounds. I use Hornady Critical Defense. There is a spring that Kimber recommends changing like every 1000 rounds? I've changed mine once, so far so good. The Solo is a hand wringer at the range, can't imagine a Micro being much different.

5. Member
    DOnt have any problems or complaints with the micro, its a sweet little firearm . It is a bit wrist snappy but not that bad. However my edc is the pro carry ll... Kimbers dont like light bullets, because they are made for the heavier grain, and they dont like wad cutters. Buy the heaviest grain in that caliber and your fine. I have thousands of rounds thru each of them and have never changed the springs/barrel , even though Kimber recommends this. They keep eating and spitting fine. If your willing to spend the extra cash, I would get the lazer grip. They send the battery's free each year
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 04-07-2020 at 08:33 AM.

6. Member
    I cannot confirm or deny that I have or might have had a Kimber Micro 9 with the Crimson Trace laser grips. It is a fantastic gun however the handle is small so look for the extended magazines, there are 2 different ones, the 7 round and 8 round, get the 8 round as your hand will thank you for it.

As long as you don't intend to carry it go for it. Kimbers have feed issues its even noted in another post. Why would anyone carry something that has feed issues noted by the manufacturer? I have owned 3 or 4 and my shooting buddy has had a few all had feed issues and it feed ramps had to be polished and what not to even get reliability.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    As long as you don't intend to carry it go for it. Kimbers have feed issues its even noted in another post. Why would anyone carry something that has feed issues noted by the manufacturer? I have owned 3 or 4 and my shooting buddy has had a few all had feed issues and it feed ramps had to be polished and what not to even get reliability.
    I don't get why you guys are having problem. Ive never had an issue with ANY of my kimbers. Use the heavier grains in a RN and you wont have any problems. I know my springs have got to be getting weak, they are old with thousands of rounds. But they keep eating and spitting them to the right. If I had any remote fear of having a problem I would carry a wilson

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    I don't get why you guys are having problem. Ive never had an issue with ANY of my kimbers. Use the heavier grains in a RN and you wont have any problems
    Played all their games with ammo types and all that. Best recommendation I heard about carrying any 1911 is carry two so hopefully you can drop the one that jams.

10. Member
    Did Kimber solve the corrosion issues they were having 5-10 years ago, or was that just the 1911s?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    Did Kimber solve the corrosion issues they were having 5-10 years ago, or was that just the 1911s?
    I cant speak for that. All of mine are stainless. IM not a fan of their black slides as the black wears off. Its not like a blueing on a shotgun.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Played all their games with ammo types and all that. Best recommendation I heard about carrying any 1911 is carry two so hopefully you can drop the one that jams.
    Craig, were any of your Kimbers stainless. As I said all of mine are. If not, maybe this is where the problem is

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Craig, were any of your Kimbers stainless. As I said all of mine are.
    Nope.

14. Member
    I have a Solo and love it. Never an issue. Has fired everything I have ever fed it. Have few other Kimbers too. All have been great with no issues.
    Semper Fi

15. Banned
    Dislikes: Stainless is heavy and it's a 1911. As mentioned, the feeding issue can be solved with fmj ammo. Speer Gold Dots are one of the more reliable hp's for 1911s.

There are many videos on youtoob showing the Kimber Micro 9. Some like them, some don't. My personal edc is a P938 Sig, which Sig had problems with early (9 yrs. ago). Mine eats whatever ammo is available...

(606)305-1956

17. Member
    Dislikes- Paying a premium for a pistol with MiM internals when I can get a Far superior firearm with ALL tool steel internals for cheaper (gotta pay for those pretty magazine ads) Any 1911 aficionado will tell you that Kimber is net the bottom of the barrel. 9mm is a tough round in a 1911 (or 1911ish) pistol due to the overall case length. 38 Super will cure all the feed problems that come with 9mm. If your are dead set on 9mm, Id highly recommend a Dan Wesson ECO

18. Member
    Have a buddy that has a Kimber micro 9. He mentioned that Kimbers in general are great pistols but they need to have quite a few rounds run through them due to the tight tolerances they are built to. Basically said they start to loosen up and perform better after running several hundred rounds through them. They do make a nice looking pistol.

19. Member
    Not a Micro but I have Kimber Pro CDP 2 .45ACP. Shoots good beautiful weapon, too pretty to carry, and it scratches easy. I don't like the way a 1911 strips down, not as easy as Glocks and S&W.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSS View Post
    Not a Micro but I have Kimber Pro CDP 2 .45ACP. Shoots good beautiful weapon, too pretty to carry, and it scratches easy. I don't like the way a 1911 strips down, not as easy as Glocks and S&W.
    You are correct with the 45 breakdown of having to use the allen wrench. The micros are different and just come apart very easy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast