Banned

Going to Walmart

For the special senior citizen shopping hour from 6-7am. Never thought I'd be participating in anything that was seniors only related but as the old saying goes "never say never" And yes I got my white tennis shoes on but they aren't New Balance. I'm one of the cool old guys that wears White Asics.

2. Member
    From what I read they are only going to let in so many per square foot of the building...... Get there early

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    From what I read they are only going to let in so many per square foot of the building...... Get there early
    Here, they are only letting one family member in.

4. Member
    Gotta eat!!

5. Member
    What’s the age to be considered senior citizen.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmscoach View Post
    30 years ago it was 50, now its 60

Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    For the special senior citizen shopping hour from 6-7am. Never thought I'd be participating in anything that was seniors only related but as the old saying goes "never say never" And yes I got my white tennis shoes on but they aren't New Balance. I'm one of the cool old guys that wears White Asics.
    If you put some Hull Speed on your electric cart you'll get an extra 2 mph.....

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cmscoach View Post
    I guess Walmart is calling it 60. Told the wife I'm going back next week cause by the time I got out of the store I didn't feel a day over 40. Hell I won the race to the toilet paper isle hands down.

9. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    What time is your daily nap....

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    What time is your daily nap....
    Off to work in a bit. Naps are for the old folks.

11. Member
    I went this morning. Wasn't crowded at 6am. There were less customers at 7am.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Is it really safe for all the seniors to be driving in the dark at 6 AM? Just saying, and I am in the cohort being discussed.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post

14. Banned
    Probably safer than the rest of the public driving and texting, putting on make-up and doing the cell phone thing.

15. Member
    I am a senior and do Walmart online shopping for a few years now. I do like it because they bring it out to your car and load it if you want. I have had a few minor problems but over all happy with them until recently. They are out of a lot of things but you can most of the time find substitutes. The problem is the meat department. Online they show they are out of everything fresh. So I called them and found out they do have meat but no longer offer it online. The lady said that people were hoarding it and they wanted more control over it. I told her that was a poor excuse because they already limit you to 2 of many items so why not do it with meat. So they have lost my business I now go to a major chain grocery store. They offer the same services cost a little more but I feel comfortable not dealing with going into the store. Everyone stay safe out there. This will be the first time in my life I will miss spring fishing...Rant Over.