New G3N MSI+Helix 12 is not recognizing my Ultrex 360

A little background: All last year I used a Helix 12 G2N Mega SI on my console, with a thru hull Mega SI transducer. I had a Helix 12 G3N DI+ on my bow with a Mega DI transducer on my trolling motor, not the built in one. I have an Ultrex w/I pilot Link. I also had a G1 Helix 12 SI, GPS as a second bow unit, I only used the G1 for my Ultrex 360. The system worked great all year last year and when I put the boat away for the year, the system was working great. Fast forward to this year. I sold my G1 unit and purchased a G3N Helix 12 MSI+, in preparation for my anticipated purchase of the Mega 360. Well we all know the M360 is back ordered, and I still have not purchased it. I placed the G3N MSI in the same spot as the G1, plugged it in and it is not seeing the 360 at all. I plugged the flat connector into the G3N DI and still nothing, so my thought was that it is the 360 somehow. Humminbird tells me my new unit is completely compatible with the non-Mega 360, I have. Earlier in the day, the 360 was showing up on my console unit and my G3N DI under the tab "System Network Setup" across the top. I went back out to the boat this evening and those two units no longer show 360 on that bar.

Is there a way to check to make sure my 360 is getting power, obviously since it is not showing up on my unit, I cant tell it to start pinging, nor does it ask, which was usual. It does not show up as connected in the test screen.
    Has anyone else experienced this. I have done a lot of reading here on this site, and thank you all for the great information, especially Wayne P. I believe I read that the new G3N+ units don't need to network with the new Mega 360 transducer like mine does through ethernet. I was just wondering if that could be my issue. All my units are currently networked.

I am going to try and unplug my ethernet cable from my 5 way junction box tomorrow and then plug it back in, to see if it will then recognize my 360 on my new unit. I am also going to check the fuses attached to my 360. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Humminbird did not give me too much, other than to tell me to reset to default settings and it should find my 360. did that several times with no success. I am sorry for the long post.

Thanks
    Fisherdan

When you turn the 360 power on, it makes a buzzing sound for about a second. That lets you know it is powered, it is a very faint noise.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thank you Wayne, I went to the boat this morning, turned everything on, and amazingly to my surprise, my 360 showed up on my MSI G3 unit. The system is working perfectly now. I turned it off and back on 3 times today and everything seems to be working. I only have the 360 and GPS on my new unit and I set it up to show side imaging if I want it to. I always try to read as many of your posts as I can, much appreciated, you are a wealth of information.

Fisherdan