Got to play with my mega 360 for a short time...

And yes, I have a little interference around the edges of the circle, but I am curious if others have noticed the black lines when the trolling motor is on spot lock (not the darker shadow area at the bottom). I know it is either the prop or a portion of the foot of the trolling motor blocking the sonar data as it spins and adjusts because it appears in different places on the circle at times, but generally on the lower portion. I'm wondering if I may have the mega 360 mounted either too high or too low and making it worse. I know humminbird says a minimum of 1 inch above the prop height and I am probably 2-3 or so inches above. Maybe I need to just start right above the 1 inch minimum and work my way up next time. I hope to get to play with it more soon, but fishing got in the way a little Lots of pollen in the water this time of year on this lake and you can easily see the trolling motor shadow in the water column. I know I can solve most of this by viewing the "front" view option, but just curious.

S00008b.PNG

S00004b.PNG
    Last edited by akaslyguy; 04-06-2020 at 10:22 PM.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

I just used mine for the first time this past weekend. I get the TM shadow like you, and the lines. The lines only happen when I'm turning. They're not there all the time.

However, I did not get the school of fish on that brush pile Never found the right one.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin389 View Post
    I just used mine for the first time this past weekend. I get the TM shadow like you, and the lines. The lines only happen when I'm turning. They're not there all the time.

However, I did not get the school of fish on that brush pile Never found the right one.
    Lol... we kept finding the fish... just couldn't make many bite. But it sure was great to have my "eyes" back. Been missing my 360 the few times I've been since selling my other one.

I've got some more playing to do with it, but I like it a LOT better than the regular 360. It shows so much more detail. I forgot about playing with the helix noise settings and want to try that next time. I noticed if I changed the range to 100ft. or so that I really had interference (fuzzy sections) our on the oiter edges. I may change the transducer setting to just mega 360 and see if I get the interference lines (not the black lines) still (I currently have it set for mega 360/HW mdi+ because its hooked up to my mega di+ external transducer with the y-cable. I'll work on getting better detail next time too and snap some screen shots.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

I hear ya. I need to get out there and just spend a day playing with the settings. Wrong time of year though to be doing that. Must fish!