Thread: Pflueger purist

Pflueger purist

I have one of these reels it won’t cast for anything I need to get the side plate off the adjust the brakes but for some reason I can’t figure out how it comes off any help would be appreciated

2. Member
    Doesn’t it have a button (emblem) on the side of the reel to push? Then rotate the cover upwards and pull out?

3. Member
    That’s what I was thinking this one must not work it won’t budge

4. Member
    No idea how that reel works, but I have a Curado 51E I bought used that I couldn't open the side cover on. Was afraid to use too much force for fear of breaking something. Sent it out. The pin was bent. Reel professional straightened it out best he could as he didn't want to have to charge me $10 shipping for a 50 cent part. Still opens hard, but at least it opens. BTW, I posted about my problem (not on this site). This was my second 51E, but you would have thought from some of the posts I got about it that I was a bono fide idiot for not being able to open the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Doesn’t it have a button (emblem) on the side of the reel to push? Then rotate the cover upwards and pull out?
    I had an inexpensive Pflueger casting reel that I gave my son. The side plate was removed by pushing in on the emblem with the "P" on it on the side plate and then rotating the side plate.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments