PP Charge & Gateway - Lowrance - Anyone else doing this?

Just wondering if anyone else has the Charge with the gateway with Lowrance graphs. I have two Carbons and one Live unit on my NMEA network and am having issues connecting and staying connected to the Charge. Am working with PP tech support, but just wondering if anyone else has this up and running?

Yes I have the CHARGE AND THE gateway connected to an Elite 7 TI 2 and it works just fine.
    Richard Woods VA Beach,VA
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    SKEETER ZX225 / 225 SHO W/Power Pole CHARGE
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)
    Relion lithium batteries for T/M and LithiumPro for Motor)

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by james_az View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else has the Charge with the gateway with Lowrance graphs. I have two Carbons and one Live unit on my NMEA network and am having issues connecting and staying connected to the Charge. Am working with PP tech support, but just wondering if anyone else has this up and running?
    PP tech will get you up and running no doubt.

4. Member
    Am assuming something I'm doing that is not right.

5. Member
    I installed the Charge 2 days ago and everything worked fine with the Charge. I installed the Gateway and it showed up on the Device List on my HDS12 Gen2 but something with the serial number looked wrong (--73). The Power Pole side bar did not show up on the screen. Waiting on Customer Service to call be back.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

Did you turn on you bluetooth and pair your power poles to your unit. I am not sure you have bluetooth.
    Last edited by sheeterhdip225; 04-26-2020 at 11:48 AM.
    US Navy ETC/SS Retired
    GET HER DONE! (Helix 10 G3, 12 G3,Garmin ECHOMAP 106 /livescope and M360 Bow all NMEA2k)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sheeterhdip225 View Post
    Did you turn on you bluetooth and pair your power poles to your unit. I am not sure you have bluetooth.
    Yes, Bluetooth is on and the Power Poles were already connected and working properly from the screens. The instructions for the Gateway could use some improvement. They mention an LED on the Gateway and for the life on me I cannot find that damn LED.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

US Navy ETC/SS Retired

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sheeterhdip225 View Post
    Thanks. I was installing it in the bright sunlight and that may have been the problem.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james_az View Post

I’ve had for about a month. Run 2 16” graphs and both read the charge system always. No issues from day 1

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradknight83 View Post
    I’ve had for about a month. Run 2 16” graphs and both read the charge system always. No issues from day 1
    Are you running 20.0?

12. Member
    I have 2 hds 7’s gen 3’s. Can a gateway be used on them ? If so what will I be able to do ?

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dc41 View Post
    I have 2 hds 7’s gen 3’s. Can a gateway be used on them ? If so what will I be able to do ?
    Compatible : Simrad NSO Evo3, Simrad NSO Evo2, Simrad NSS Evo3, Simrad GO 5 XSE, Simrad Go 7 XSR, Simrad GO 9 XSE, Simrad GO 12 XSE, Simrad IDS, Lowrance HDS Live, Lowrance HDS Carbon, Lowrance Elite Ti2, Mercury Vessel View 903, Mercury Vessel View 703, Mercury Vessel View 502, and new Simrad MFDs in 2020

14. Member
    Thanks . Someone in here said they had a gen 3 And using it
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Compatible : Simrad NSO Evo3, Simrad NSO Evo2, Simrad NSS Evo3, Simrad GO 5 XSE, Simrad Go 7 XSR, Simrad GO 9 XSE, Simrad GO 12 XSE, Simrad IDS, Lowrance HDS Live, Lowrance HDS Carbon, Lowrance Elite Ti2, Mercury Vessel View 903, Mercury Vessel View 703, Mercury Vessel View 502, and new Simrad MFDs in 2020

I’ve just hooked my charge up and linked it voa Bluetooth to my live. It won’t show up on the side bar. Any help appreciated.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

Do you have to have the gateway for the charge to show up on the lowrance unit? I’ve linked mine, but nothing. It shows linked.
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

17. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMEISTER View Post
    Do you have to have the gateway for the charge to show up on the lowrance unit? I’ve linked mine, but nothing. It shows linked.
    you must have the gateway, and NMEA network for charge to display on compatible lowrance units. the connection is NMEA from charge to the lowrance not bluetooth.