Nitro Z20 hairline gelcoat cracks by bow eyebolt

Just curious if anyone else has noticed hairline cracks coming from the bow hook eye bolt? I have 2 running from the bow eyebolt (one on each side) running about 4-5 feet down the keel. I can't even really call them cracks, looks more like there's just a long hair running down the keel. I'm assuming if it was any color other than black you wouldn't even see them. Is this just a cosmetic thing, or should I be concerned? You can't see a crack, but if your real careful, u can feel a small imperfection over the line with your fingernail.... never noticed before until I was on the creaper waxing the bottom... anybody else had or seen this issue?

I have not seen it , and I checked this past weekend cause I accidentally slammed it on the bow stop when power loading. Keep an eye on it that is a long hairline crack in that area.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Definitely gonna keep an eye on it..... Concerns me cause the boat only has 24 hours on it..... Never would have noticed if i hadn't decided to wax the bottom.... I was underneath the boat for almost an hour before I seen it. there is no seem or actually opening where the line is, and it almost looks more like defect in the paint, but has the same line as a hairline crack would..... I'd take a picture, but since I waxed it there is no way I can get a pick that you can see it..... I was gonna take it in but everybody says Nitro will either just say theres nothing wrong, or they keep your boat forever and a day if they do something...... Boat is mint, so its not like anything ever happened to it.... the guy at bass pro couldnt believe it was used when he did the inspection for the Warranty transfer.... If it just stays that way I don't care, theres no damage and noone will ever see it, just concerned if its something that will get worse.....

Are the cracks running with/on the strakes or just on the flat surfaces of the bottom.? If it really is cracks they won’t stop...they will continue to run.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Are the cracks running with/on the strakes or just on the flat surfaces of the bottom.? If it really is cracks they won’t stop...they will continue to run.
    The lines run from the bow eye bolt down along the keel just about where the outside edges of where the keelguard would be on both sides.... I would say they go down about 4 feet or so. I use the word "crack' lightly, cuz there isnt an actual crack, just the lines. At first glance when you finally notice them, it almost looks like a paint overspray line, but they have a little sharper edges.... Its cloudy today, so I'll try to get a pic that maybe they'll up show in to post...

Here's a pic for reference, the red line by the keel shows where they are.... one on each side..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Willie 2.0; 04-08-2020 at 09:49 AM.

If the boat is within a year talk to your dealer as soon as possible. I think there is a 90 day clause on cosmetic cracking. If it is just lines its possible it just needs to be sanded down.
    Last edited by BMCD; 04-08-2020 at 10:52 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    Itz a 2018 and purchased a year n a half ago. I talked to a dealer when I was ordering some parts today.... they said itz common and most people never see it if they do have some . Said itz just lines in the gelcoat, cosmetic thing. said they'd take a look at when I brought it in for service, and that it shouldn't get worse, but if it did they still may be able to cover it.... long as it stays like it is, I'm fine with it... threw a coat of wax on and I have all I can do to find it now.... guess I'm just being over cautious, never boat a used boat before...

Definitely looks like something that could easily be sanded and buffed out though......
    Last edited by Willie 2.0; 04-08-2020 at 12:05 PM.