Ethernet Cable Question

Ok experts question for you... currently in my boat are the grey with yellow end ethernet cables connecting my units to SS3D box. Creating a "lab" here in the house where I can hook up units to play with settings, test, etc... Ordered a 15' ethernet and it is black with yellow ends. Are these the same cables? I cannot get either of my units to detect each other (Live 12 and Live 9) when I connect the cable to the units in any configuration. Did I really get a bad cable out of the box? Or are these black cables different in some way?
    Last edited by mean_dean; 04-06-2020 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Because back does not equal bad

2. Member
    The black cable with yellow ends are far superior to the older grey cable. The conductors on the black cable are stranded therefore connection problems are less likely to occur.

I had issues with the grey cable breaking especially where it was flexing on my mount. Moved to the black cables and it was perfect ever since. I suppose you could have received a bad black cable if it works on your boat. Are you 100% sure that the units have enough power? How are you powering them?

3. Member
    Slaps self in face.... duh, it is working, you have to have NEMA connected to see the units in the device list.... the transducer is in the sources...

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Slaps self in face.... duh, it is working, you have to have NEMA connected to see the units in the device list.... the transducer is in the sources...
    . That too!