Oklahoma fishing license

Has Oklahoma waived fishing license requirement since Covid-19 outbreak?

2. Member
    Not that I am aware. I don't suspect they will.

Not that I have heard either
    1988 Basscat Pantera 2 / 1988 Mariner 200 #0B348072 / 1986 Mercury Blackmax 200 #0B116913
    US Navy veteran

4. Member
    no...u can purchase online or at walmart, plenty of places open that sell lic's

5. Member
    Oklahoma gigs you for every last penny...and shows very little shame in doing so

6. Member
    Every other state charges for it. Somebody’s got to pay for boat ramps and fishery support such as restocking. Not sure why anyone would expect free fishing. If there wasn’t a fee for hunting and fishing, just imagine what a mess it would be. The states run so poorly already they can’t even pick up garbage out of the ditches. It’s among the filthiest states I’ve ever driven through.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    no...u can purchase online or at walmart, plenty of places open that sell lic's
    For the tech savvy, OK has an app that allows you to set up an account and purchase your license straight from you phone. The information stays on your phone so you don’t even need a paper copy. It’s really easy, but I do believe they charge a Convenience fee to use it.
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

8. Member
    It's $25 for an annual license and that is the cheapest I have ever seen in any state. That's not a lot to ask...

The app for the phone is easy to use and you don't have to go into a store to purchase the license. I haven't had any issues with it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX_rambler View Post
    It's $25 for an annual license and that is the cheapest I have ever seen in any state. That's not a lot to ask...

The app for the phone is easy to use and you don't have to go into a store to purchase the license. I haven't had any issues with it.
    You haven't looked very hard...28 states, if my count was correct, are either the same price as OK or cheaper...

https://www.fishingduo.com/how-much-...-states-price/

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    Every other state charges for it. Somebody’s got to pay for boat ramps and fishery support such as restocking. Not sure why anyone would expect free fishing. If there wasn’t a fee for hunting and fishing, just imagine what a mess it would be. The states run so poorly already they can’t even pick up garbage out of the ditches. It’s among the filthiest states I’ve ever driven through.
    What he said, except for the last part... If jackasses would not throw trash out it would not be a problem.... I see trash crews all the time, but thousands of miles of roads equals 10's of thousands of hours of hand picking trash, never ending battle and 98% of people will not sign up for trash detail