2016 skeeter strong smell of gas

2016 zx225. Live in Wisconsin, keep boat in a heated garage. Took boat out yesterday and also on Friday. When I got home to plug the boat onto the charger I opened the battery compartment and a strong smell of gas inside. both trips were between 1 - 1.5 hours away. I jacked up the boat so I could get anything to drain into the bilge area of the boat. Touched down onto the area with hands and no smell of gas. I am not seeing any visible leaks in terms of wet spots. The bulb is not filled up and I have to keep pumping it up to be tight while its just sitting, "not sure thats normal or not". Last night going into the garage the whole garage smelt of gas. I turned off the heater in garage and cracked the garage door for a couple hours. This morning there is still a strong gas smell in the compartment but not much in the garage, atleast compared to last night. Tank had around between 1/2 -3/4 tank on friday.

Has anyone had an issue like this? I am trying to figure out a path of diagnostic test? Can it be the charcoal canister? other venting issues? How would I know if it was a leak..?

2. Member
    Found some fuel coming down near the fuel water seperator. Not sure yet if hose or seperstor