Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Nothing like winning a local buddy tourney.Lots of fun even for a 30-40 boat event because you know, and are friends with most of the other guys entered.No pressure to win but a lot of laughs when/if you can take their money..

2. Member
    My favorite tournament wins are club tournaments when everyone slams them. So many happy faces! I don't fish for money anymore.
    2020 VEXUS 1880 Victor Red
    Merc 115 HP Pro XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 I-Link MDI
    Helix 10 MEGA+ MSI
    Helix 9 x 2 MEGA+ MDI
    Live Image FFS
    2021 Aluminum Trailer
    10' Talons w/sandwich brackets

3. Banned
    bfl regional

My favorites are the ones I've won with my dad as a partner. We fished one tournament together last year and won. It's a smaller lake and has a bunch of "locals" that don't know me. A new crew of bass fishermen on the lake. Well I cut my teeth bass fishing on that lake. I know it as well as anyone but rarely fish it anymore. Signed up with my dad to fish an annual tournament held there. We've won it 5 times now but long before the new crew came along. The lake had about a 5 year hiatus because of a dam failure. It's fixed now and stocked back up. Anyways, we show up kick ass. We weighed almost 17 pounds and had one just under 6# for a kicker. (My first bite of the day). Second place was 11#. I'm a marked man on that lake now. It may sound cocky but I told my dad before takeoff, "Nobody knows us right now but they will by the end of the day."

5. Member
    My favorite win was a small club team tournament that they had odd number of guys and fished it by myself and won it

6. Member
    Fished 2 years as a non boater, and 2? as a boater. Haven't come close to winning yet. I've had chances, but a couple lost fish killed them.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

The one that sticks out the most for me was a friend talked me into fishing an all night tournament. From 6:00 pm -6:00 am, winner take all. Big fish was 10.00 extra per boat. I had never been on that lake before and all the other guys fished it regularly. I had to fish alone because my son couldn't make it. When it came time to weigh in I felt pretty beat down because I only had 3 fish. I had a 5lb 2oz, 4lb 12oz and a 3lb 12oz. I weighed in first and waited until the other 22 boats weighed in. Lo and behold I won it. I left that morning with 660.00 in my pocket.
    Last edited by wareagle24; 04-06-2020 at 03:50 PM.

8. Member
    Winning a small club tournament with my wife as my partner and her catching big fish.

Not near as much as i have spent

Congrats. That's a great day on the water.

My best was last spring my wife and I won a 100 boat open team tournament. It was the first tournament she has won and to top it off we caught everything on lures we made.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

11. Member
    Winning the Wisco Bass event on Big Green last year was my biggest. 60 boat tournament and you fish alone. $2,500.00. The best part was it was on my home lake and I was really proud of my decisions that day.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

12. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    the one that sticks out in my mind was a real tough day 24 boats and only 4 boats had fish to weigh ,one boat had 2 little keepers and the other had 2 small ones and then me and another guy each had one fish. He weighed first and his was 5.78lbs was time to put my girl on the scale she went 6.34lbs and I went home smiling with $900 in my pocket to boot...lol I have had lot of wins on local waters and different trails and finished 2nd in the state in 2001 Federation fish offs 113 boats I was proud of that also
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

No big wins here. 3 club T wins. Best one probably LSC 2 years ago, 19 pounds in June and won by a pound. This fall I challenge the Bullett boated Mike Lohn for his Last Chance Tournament title on Cass in the fall. by then I'll have my squito boat....Look out buddy, lol.
    Last edited by Bluegill22; 04-06-2020 at 04:42 PM.

14. Member
    I won a N.C. southern regional back around 2001 or so. Only
    have fished club tourneys and local team events. Never fished bfl but want to at some point.

15. Member
    Only ever won club tournaments and usually get 1 a year but I only fish about 4 tournaments a year also. Closest I came in a BFL was 7th
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

16. Member
    Youngest son got big fish in the Wednesday nighter. Not to be outdone, my oldest says he’s going with me next week...he wins big bass too!

17. Member
    Brookside Bar Annual Bass Classic at Lake Spavinaw. Team win with good fishing friend. Cool $100 each. Big Bass the next year 7.0.lbs. $100. He had big bass the next year.
    I have never fished any other tournaments except this one which was a lot of fun for many folks on different levels.
    I had a great time.

18. Member
    Mine came last year in Media Bass event - Lake Fork Team Division. Being fairly new to the area I had my girlfriend as my fishing partner. Going into the final event we were sitting in 3rd place in AOY points. We were having a decent day but had 3 small fish in the well. With 20 minutes to go I told my girlfriend we would make one more pass through of the area. In that time I managed to cull all 3 small fish (something that never happens). We went into weigh-in thinking we would get a check and maintain our AOY position. Turns out it had been a tough day for all participants and we ended up with the heaviest bag and won the tournament. In doing so we also moved up to 1st place in point and won AOY. This year we are fishing for free. I don’t think my luck will ever be that good again.

19. Banned
    My favorite was a team championship with my 15 year old son. We practiced together the day before and they were busting topwater . The morning of the
    tour we couldn’t buy a topwater bite lol my son was discouraged and I pull out a bait my son had found us . We had 25 lbs in 2 hours lol and won it going away

Great stories guys, keep them coming!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast