Where can you find plastic trays?

Im looking for a tray to go in my back hatch for tools. Surely someone makes a tray with lip on it...….Anyone have any suggestions?

2. Member
    What boat brand and year?

3. Member
    following

4. Member
    Just found another thread in the lounge for an EZ Troll tray. Im going to order 2 of those

5. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It took a lot of research and a few wrong purchases but these fit my boats battery compartment near perfect. All I had to do was trim corners where the lip on compartment hit the tray. on passenger side the corners actually fit perfect and didn't even need cutting.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    Thanks for the Amazon link! What brand of boat did you use these on? I have a Skeeter and was about to call my dealer.
    Thanks,
    Larry

7. Member
    Wow. Great fit for a 520L. Thank you for posting this and for all the research to make it easier for others.

8. Member
    Wonder if the opening on the L and C boats are the same. Mines in the shop or I’d go out and measure it.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Banned
    the back of my champ was way too wide and I couldn't find anything to fit. The EZ Troll tray wouldn't even fit.
    Was in Lowes one day and found this.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-P...ray/1000987930
    took about an hour with a Dremel to make it fit right. Perfect!! Not sure why but I think I need another.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Stl View Post
    the back of my champ was way too wide and I couldn't find anything to fit. The EZ Troll tray wouldn't even fit.
    Was in Lowes one day and found this.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-P...ray/1000987930
    took about an hour with a Dremel to make it fit right. Perfect!! Not sure why but I think I need another.
    What/how did you have to cut to make it fit ?

11. Banned
    Had to modify the "lip" of the tray to fit the boat. Also had to make a "channel" thru the middle of the tray to accommodate the raised support that runs under the lid. I'll grab a pic next time I run down to the dock

I measured the width of the back compartment opening then went to Walmart and found a plastic basket that would fit. I posted pics many years ago, I will see if I can find them.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

Found the old thread:

Extra storage:

This is just a plastic bin that measures 15 7/8" x 12 7/8" x 6".
    I keep an extra TM prop, pin and nut for TM, WD-40, zipp ties, hub kit, and fuses in this bin.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

If I’m understanding correctly, you are putting this tray above your batteries. I really like the idea of having storage areas, but I’m afraid I’m a worry wart on this one. The reason is that I would be worried about dropping a tool across a battery or the charging system. The chance of fuel being ignited is remote, but you could cause electrical damage.

The choice is yours, I just felt that I should point out my safety concern so you can think about it.

My boat is lacking handy, small storage areas. I would like to have a few nooks and crannies for things like pliers, cutters, a small fish scale and little things like that. I end up throwing the pliers and cutters on the lowest deck.
    Last edited by MBDiagMan; 04-17-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    Ranger R81
    Lowrance HDS Live 9”
    Lowrance HDS Live 12”
    Active Target 2 on Seelite Pole
    Lowrance Ghost
    Mercury 175

15. Member
    I don’t remember who makes it but there is one out there it was around 40.00

16. Member
    I found it EZ-troll utility tray is what it is called it's not cheap and there are a few videos of it.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckayak1 View Post
    Thanks for the Amazon link! What brand of boat did you use these on? I have a Skeeter and was about to call my dealer.
    Thanks,
    Larry
    Ranger 521L
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDiagMan View Post
    If I’m understanding correctly, you are putting this tray above your batteries. I really like the idea of having storage areas, but I’m afraid I’m a worry wart on this one. The reason is that I would be worried about dropping a tool across a battery or the charging system. The chance of fuel being ignited is remote, but you could cause electrical damage.

The choice is yours, I just felt that I should point out my safety concern so you can think about it.

My boat is lacking handy, small storage areas. I would like to have a few nooks and crannies for things like pliers, cutters, a small fish scale and little things like that. I end up throwing the pliers and cutters on the lowest deck.
    The thought is that it would fill the entire length and width,
    using underside of lid to trap and not allow anything to drop thru, if I understand it.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDiagMan View Post

All your batteries have covered connections don't they?
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.