No warning beep before starting Mercury 4 Stroke 250

2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    250 4 Stroke S/N 2B647448

I noticed last week that on the first crank of the day that I did not get a system check warning beep before starting the engine.

The rest of the day I got the expected system check beep before cranking.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you have activated your trim (from any switch), you will not get a test beep. This is due to the PCM's "wake" strategy (trim activation will "wake" the PCM without a warning horn).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If you have activated your trim (from any switch), you will not get a test beep. This is due to the PCM's "wake" strategy (trim activation will "wake" the PCM without a warning horn).
    Thanks for the quick reply

Regards

4. Member
    Good info Don, thanks. I've found that you can turn the switch off then back on and then you will get the beep. I would of never thought to tie not getting the beep to the trim. Now I know!

5. Banned
    used to worry me until I figured it out !..