Thread: "new normal"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

"new normal"

Who else is tired of hearing this?

What is going on is not normal and should not even be suggested that it will be the new normal.

What are we teaching a generation of kids? Stay home. Don't cross state lines. Stay away from others. I hope parents are telling their kids, this is "not" normal and we can't wait for things to go back to normal.

All the commercials, telling people to stay home, avoid others, has got to have some effect of people.

I am not sure I can take much more time away from my grandkids!!!!

Sorry if this brings on another locked thread, because people can't discuss things calmly without getting into name calling.

2. Member
    I will agree with you. This will never be the new normal.

3. Member
    pretty sad isn't it

4. Banned
    Well all of this is a mess,never seen anything like it.It feels like all this talk on the news has all the terrorist out there that hate Americans enjoying every minute that we are living in fear and shutting America down.

5. Member
    Agreed. It’s so strange watching TV shows and seeing people behave normally instead of how we have been last month. People are meant to gather and be together. It’s been that way since the beginning of humans and will we return to it at some point. Living like this will never be normal. I’m doing everything I can do so we can get back to normal eventually.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

6. Member
    It will be interesting how Sweden comes out of this, or if they change course. I read an article this morning saying they have made suggestions towards social distancing, but are otherwise carrying on as normal. Businesses area all open, including shopping centers. If their death rates start stacking up, either they will start shutting things down or maybe their society accepts the outcome. Time will tell.

But I agree...let's not start calling this normal. I see this being necessary for a while, but then lets actually get back to a real normal. I've heard that this could change behavior going forward, like the end of handshakes, and higher sanitation standards. I disagree with a lot of that. Maybe I'm old school, but I think you need a lot of that low-grade contact with germs to keep your immune system working. If you live in a sanitized bubble, the minute your bubble is compromised your immune system will not be able to keep up.

7. Member
    Stop watching the news and get off the internet and it won't bother you. Media's job is to sell news these days so stop buying into.

8. Member
    I’ll be glad when things return to normal as my home chores are “killing” me. I am good at making excuses to get out of them normally. But now with this stay at home situation all I am doing is work and most of it is hard manuel stuff.

9. Member
    Boomers most at risk so will definitely be the new normal.
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

Where are you hearing people calling this the new normal? I have not heard this at all.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

11. Member
    “Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

Our work just set up to have more people work from home I'm not one that can do that but there will only be like 6 of us in the office area and extremely spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Where are you hearing people calling this the new normal? I have not heard this at all.
    In those commercials about keeping your distance and staying home. Then last night for the second time on our local news.

When this settles down I hope I never hear the terms social distancing or new normal again.

15. Member
    My kids HATE this. They are 10 and almost 12 and don't understand why everything is shut down over a sickness. Unfortunately I can't explain it to them either, because I don't understand it. I do know that over the next 9 months, we are going to set 2 new records....babies and divorces.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

been social distancing all my life so the only thing that isnt normal is the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    I do know that over the next 9 months, we are going to set 2 new records....babies and divorces.
    Unfortunately you need to include suicides in those records. Economic impact suicides will skyrocket.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by riverc View Post
    Well all of this is a mess,never seen anything like it.It feels like all this talk on the news has all the terrorist out there that hate Americans enjoying every minute that we are living in fear and shutting America down.
    The virus kills terrorist too. Lol.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    My kids HATE this. They are 10 and almost 12 and don't understand why everything is shut down over a sickness. Unfortunately I can't explain it to them either, because I don't understand it. I do know that over the next 9 months, we are going to set 2 new records....babies and divorces.
    Another record probably will be domestic violence cases for being cooped up so much together.

I don’t watch the news. I read a few things online so I’m not totally out of the loop but I don’t have to put up with all the bs so it makes my day better.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast