Lowrance Ghost on X-19

I put a Ghost on my 2003 X-19 this weekend and can’t decide where to put the compass puck. Ghost directions say 2 feet from the trolling motor. I’m thinking about putting it on the rail at the front just behind the cleat on the drivers side. I can drill a hole to hide the wires. If anyone else has installed one I would like to hear where you put yours.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X19DM View Post
    I put a Ghost on my 2003 X-19 this weekend and can’t decide where to put the compass puck. Ghost directions say 2 feet from the trolling motor. I’m thinking about putting it on the rail at the front just behind the cleat on the drivers side. I can drill a hole to hide the wires. If anyone else has installed one I would like to hear where you put yours.
    I installed a ultrex on my boat and put the puck just to the right of the drivers console. Easy to runt the wire and out of the way

Paul Lemieux - Brookhaven Ms.
    07 X17 Xpress / 115 Yamaha

3. Member
    I found my answer that for most it really doesn't matter but everyone still recommends taping it down for a test run before drilling holes. Stay safe everyone.

My ultrex puck is mounted under my console with all the other antennas on a shelf. They will shoot thru fiberglass like its not even there so no need in adding extra holes out in the open

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector