2007 200 Elite Megalink module pinpad wiring replacment

I’ve been hearing of several night mare stories lately from Champion boat owners that are losing the Megalink module due to failure. My boat is 07 200 Elite I’m not sure what year make models have the Megalink module can somebody let me know but mine does? With so many out on the water are there any preventative options we can take or perhaps some kind of replacement for any of these parts? As I understand it it is the module itself the console pin pad and the bow pad that have issues? Is there a wiring diagram available to show which pins and connectors go to different instruments?

Thx Big Ed!
    Attached Images Attached Images

What you say is meaningles.... What you do is everything! - Morgan Freeman

2. Member
    Is this part related to Murcury outboards or Champion OEM?

3. Member
    It's Champion OEM I believe.
    GETFISHED !!!

4. Member
    If you get a wiring diagram showing the pinouts, please post it. I could make plug and play rocker switch replacement panels for people if I had the pinouts. I don't have megalink in my boat so I don't have a place to start.

5. Member
    Thank you Mathew. I would be VERY interested in any replacment that would work using my existing wiring harness and connector plug and play. Here are some details I found for that module finding the pin diagram for each instrument may be challenging but I will start looking ASAP. I’ve heard many Champion boat owners are stuck in the same situation.

If you are able please contact me at Bigedbass@gmail.com so we can connect?

This module housing is constructed out of black colored marine grade plastic with a matte finish. It measures approximately 9 1/2" L x 4 3/4" W x 2 7/8" H overall. There are (2) approximately 1/4" W mounting openings and (1) square shaped mounting hole that measures approximately 3/8" W x 1/4" H overall. Also has (2) threaded mounting bolts on top of module.

Module host the following connections:

• (1) J1 connector with a 6-pin male connection
    • (1) J2 connector with a 24-pin male connection
    • (1) J3 connector with a 16-pin male connection
    • (1) J4 connector with a 16-pin male connection

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Ed, I have considered that. Here's what would have to happen.

1. Replace the MegaLink controller with a breaker box. MegaLink has the breaker feature built in. I figure it would be roughly 30 to 50% larger and about 2 1/2" deep to hold the breakers for all the functions. It would have short cables with connectors mating to the existing harness plugs.

2. Replace the 6 conductor cable (J1) to the cockpit and bow key pads with multi conductor harness for all the switch functions. One 16ga wire for each function plus a 10ga red & black leads for power.

3. Replace the cockpit and bow panels with new panels supporting rocker switches. 10 or 11 switches at the console. 11 switches is a very tight fit, but replaces all the functions of the keypad. Fishing Holdings' kit did not provide a switch for pump out.

Pros - You would not have to swap out the boat harness

Cons - Finding a source to build that breaker box. The Fishing Holdings panel measured 4 1/4" x 10 9/16 & has 12 breakers. Pulling a 14 or so wire harness to the cockpit and then functions for the bow on up there.

I've got all the schematics for the MegaLink system.
    I'm also working on a possible solution, so stay tuned for that.

7. Member
    Reggie,

Do you think there would be room to put resettable push button breakers on the switch panel at the console? That way you could eliminate the breaker box and just extend the harness to the console.

Another option (pricey) would be to use Bocatech resettable switches that have integral breakers.

8. Member
    Reggie I’m in. Do you know what years and models have these Megalink accessories? I haven’t heard many success stories regarding these issues? I appreciate your time and consideration! Big Ed!

9. Member
    Just hoping my original system holds up until you guys get a fix. Mine works fine and no complaints but it feels like I'm sitting on a ticking time bomb.
    GETFISHED !!!

10. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewstn View Post
    ...Another option (pricey) would be to use Bocatech resettable switches that have integral breakers.
    That might be an interesting solution and might not be that bad when you consider the price of the rocker switch, actuator and breaker, but it might take multiple switches for some functions that have manual and timed outputs. This may be what Charger is using on their 198 & 210 Elite models.

Quote Originally Posted by The Other Big Ed View Post
    ...Do you know what years and models have these Megalink accessories?
    The 210 was the first to have MegaLink, it appeared with the 2006 model year. The 200 (198 with a 210 style top cap) didn't show up until 2007 and I don't think any of the 198s had MegaLink. It was kinda the little brother to the 206. It had a 206 style top cap and the 200 (same hull) had the 210 style top cap. And I don't know if any of the 183 Elites had MegaLink. Those 3 Champion Elite hulls were rebadged Stratos starting in 2011 and they had the rockers. The 200 became the 202 with the new Stratos badging.

2010 Champions? I don't know if any exist, and if they do whether they have MegaLink or rockers. Something makes me think the conversion kits came out in 2009. Ranger was also using MegaLink in one or more of its models in the 07-09 time frame and also had a conversion kit for those. The harness I got had wiring for separate livewells and for the rear compartment lighting, leading me to believe that possibly the same harness was used for both Champion and Ranger.

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Just hoping my original system holds up until you guys get a fix. Mine works fine and no complaints but it feels like I'm sitting on a ticking time bomb.
    I do too ... there are still a lot out there still rocking along.

12. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Reggie...there are a very few 2010s out there. Made in TN. Pretty sure they do not have rockers. Other than the original Champs with rockers, the rockers (after the megalink) were not used until PE took over and installed them instead of the megalink stuff. Stratos badged boats.
    Last edited by Lea; 04-08-2020 at 12:59 AM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Reggie...there are a very few 2010s out there. Made in TN. Pretty sure they do not have rockers. Other than the original Champs with rockers, the rockers (after the megalink) were not used until PE took over and installed them instead of the megalink stuff. Stratos badged boats.
    My 2010 206 CX has rocker switches

14. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCaseyB206 View Post
    My 2010 206 CX has rocker switches
    Yeah, pretty sure the 206s never had Megalink. Just the 210, 200 and possibly the 183.

15. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Correct, Reggie....

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Ed, I have considered that. Here's what would have to happen.

1. Replace the MegaLink controller with a breaker box. MegaLink has the breaker feature built in. I figure it would be roughly 30 to 50% larger and about 2 1/2" deep to hold the breakers for all the functions. It would have short cables with connectors mating to the existing harness plugs.

2. Replace the 6 conductor cable (J1) to the cockpit and bow key pads with multi conductor harness for all the switch functions. One 16ga wire for each function plus a 10ga red & black leads for power.

3. Replace the cockpit and bow panels with new panels supporting rocker switches. 10 or 11 switches at the console. 11 switches is a very tight fit, but replaces all the functions of the keypad. Fishing Holdings' kit did not provide a switch for pump out.

Pros - You would not have to swap out the boat harness

Cons - Finding a source to build that breaker box. The Fishing Holdings panel measured 4 1/4" x 10 9/16 & has 12 breakers. Pulling a 14 or so wire harness to the cockpit and then functions for the bow on up there.

I've got all the schematics for the MegaLink system.
    I'm also working on a possible solution, so stay tuned for that.
    Hey Champ, any progress on this? I'm wanting to rewire my boat this winter to eliminate this megaLink setup. It occasionally does some weird things and I don't trust it. If you wouldn't mind and could send me the wiring diagram for my 2008 200 elite, I'd appreciate it. I'll feel alot better when this system is outta my life.
    2008 CHAMPION 200 ELITE
    2008 225 MERCURY PRO XS

17. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Still working on it. I can send you what I have on the MegaLink. What motor are you running? And need an e-mail address.

18. Member
    Thanks Tx!
    2008 CHAMPION 200 ELITE
    2008 225 MERCURY PRO XS