Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Lake Malone/Lake Beshear

Are there boat ramps at these lakes that are open? Live in southern Illinois and was going to make a day trip out of it but wanted to check first. Also, anything special required to fish these other than a KY fishing license? Any lake specific stickers or launch fees?

Thanks!
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

KY Gov announced that if you come to KY you will be expected to quarantine 14 days in Kentucky. Please stay at home. Thanks

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javman389 View Post
    KY Gov announced that if you come to KY you will be expected to quarantine 14 days in Kentucky. Please stay at home. Thanks
    So there is nobody fishing in Kentucky? Everybody is staying at home?
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

We can fish but out of state folks are asked to not come here.

5. Member
    Lol I go to KY every day, not in quarantine

6. Member
    I live just across the border in WV. I went over to KY and fished the same lake I always fish. BIG crowd from a lot of states. But they did post a sigh that said park open from 7am to 7pm.

Gov executive order 2020-266. All non-residents that travel to Kentucky are required to self quarantine for 14 days. I dont want our ramps here in KY to be shut down because people are disregarding the request.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Javman389 View Post
    Gov executive order 2020-266. All non-residents that travel to Kentucky are required to self quarantine for 14 days. I dont want our ramps here in KY to be shut down because people are disregarding the request.
    More people probably come into KY to shop than go fishing. Are they going to stop us from getting groceries too? Shut down all the stores?

I understand your concern, but there is nothing wrong with a parking lot full of trucks and trailers. Just practice social distancing.

9. bullyfish
    Don’t listen to that horse shit if you have a valid Kentucky fishing license then fish. Now they don’t want people to do anything outside the governor is a idiot

10. Member
    I live in IN. I work in ky everyday, if i want to fish ky i will lol. Just spent 3 days on dale.

Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    Lol I go to KY every day, not in quarantine
    Andy said you can’t be doing that!
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

12. Member
    I heard they were turning out of state plates away at Cumberland

13. Member
    If you work in ky I don’t see why it matters but seriously if you are from out of state please don’t come on a random trip here and ruin it for the rest of us
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

Ask the ones that got fines on Ky lake this pass weekend. $135 plus court cost $50. Fill free to come on down.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59tomitriton View Post
    Ask the ones that got fines on Ky lake this pass weekend. $135 plus court cost $50. Fill free to come on down.
    Werent they fishing at closed areas or something? I saw it on facebook but didnt really get the whole story
    They aint got hands, set the hook

I’m not exactly sure. I did talk to two people that got ticketed. Both of them were a father and son out on a Saturday trip to Ky Lake. One had launched a boat at a boat ramp. The other was just fishing off the bank. I also got a report of a couple other citations but like the virus I can only confirm the two. I will dig a little deeper into this and report back tomorrow.

17. Member
    Heard they were fishing a closed park/camp area on the lbl. Went right past the signs and ignored them. They should be ticketed, but it wasn’t because they were from out of state.

So why shouldn’t they ticket you if you are from out of state and they are telling you to not cross the state lines except for essential business. I call one and he did say he launched at Redd Hollow. He said the sign read Camp Ground Closed. The boat ramps are supposed to be open.

Got a warning on Rough river. Out of state folk not allowed on KY waters. Said we would spend 14 days quarantine in jail. Man we hammered bass that day. Would have loved to take my son back. Now we have to fish Indiana the armpit if the fishing world.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Got a warning on Rough river. Out of state folk not allowed on KY waters. Said we would spend 14 days quarantine in jail. Man we hammered bass that day. Would have loved to take my son back. Now we have to fish Indiana the armpit if the fishing world.
    Patoka and monroe are on fire right now...
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast