Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    My Ghost had issues and when I called Lowrance she said it needed the new indicator ring. Head stopped moving and just chattered. Does the indicator ring just pop out or does the head need to be disassembled like I had to with my Minn Kota? Nothing on here or YouTube about disassembly

2. Member
    Pops out. Held in with magnetic

3. Member
    Thank you sir.
    Last edited by ethosb; 07-31-2020 at 10:06 PM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about a new update that makes the servo even more quiet? Guy on another forum claims that lowrance sent him a new update and it made his servo more silent. I don’t see how it would be possible.
    Are you referring to Ghost Trolling Motor Software (1.1.04) ? I installed it and it made a noticeable difference, especially when hitting spot lock.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fisheye216 View Post
    Are you referring to Ghost Trolling Motor Software (1.1.04) ? I installed it and it made a noticeable difference, especially when hitting spot lock.

This thread is a bit old, that update was the second update offered (or really first update, after the original). The ghost is now on it’s 3rd total update. I can’t say that I noticed any difference with mine, haven’t tried mine since the newest update came out a few days ago.

6. Member
    I got the new indicator kit, but the disc was black and not white. I installed it anyway just to see if it would rectify the motor chattering issue, but it did not. Will follow up with Lowrance tomorrow, but I am guessing it will need to be shipped in for repair.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ethosb View Post
    I got the new indicator kit, but the disc was black and not white. I installed it anyway just to see if it would rectify the motor chattering issue, but it did not. Will follow up with Lowrance tomorrow, but I am guessing it will need to be shipped in for repair.
    Doesn't need shipped in.....first step is installing the indicator, with the WHITE Teflon washer, then see how it is. BLACK sticker causes the problem!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Doesn't need shipped in.....first step is installing the indicator, with the WHITE Teflon washer, then see how it is. BLACK sticker causes the problem!
    I deployed the motor without the indicator installed as well and it still chattered. The motor head just bumps rapidly back and forth.
    Last edited by ethosb; 08-02-2020 at 08:39 PM.

9. Banned

I deployed the motor without the indicator installed as well and it still chattered. The motor head just bumps rapidly back and forth.

You don’t have an indicator issue, you have a faulty trolling motor issue.

10. Member
    You don’t have an indicator issue, you have a faulty trolling motor issue.
    That is what I tried to tell Lowrance, but she insisted this was the fix. Will be on the phone with them today.

11. Member

Totally different issue. You should start a separate thread.

Did you perform all the software upgrades?
    Did you perform ALL the calibrations?
    Will this problem occur OUTSIDE of the garage?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Totally different issue. You should start a separate thread.

Did you perform all the software upgrades?
    Did you perform ALL the calibrations?
    Will this problem occur OUTSIDE of the garage?

one more, you tried it deployed all the way?

13. Member
    one more, you tried it deployed all the way?
    All of this started out on the water. I have spoken to Lowrance and got a knowledgable guy who knew what the issue was as soon as I told him what it was doing. He said the motor was hitting the stop and the pedal needed to be calibrated. He emailed me the procedure as he said it is a service procedure and is not published. Took under a minute to perform and it is back to normal. I will move this to its' own thread so others can find it more readily. Hopefully the OP's can post the pedal calibration to make it easier to find. Click the image for the calibration procedure.

39F05F0C-1530-4E0F-9C14-1AFCBBD9D274.png

14. Member
    I figured it was a calibration issue. Glad you have it fixed now.

15. Member
    Great thread guys! Thanks for the helpful information! I’ll be calling Lowrance tomorrow for my sticky and squeaky arrow

16. Member
    You wouldn't happened to have their phone number?

17. Member
    I too have the same "sticky" indicator. It wasn't really a problem until I got Active Target and you move the TM a little and need to know exactly where it is pointed and to compare to the indicator on my HDS screen. Lowrance has been very responsive and sent me a "Top Housing Assembly" to correct this condition. In the pictures you can see the new assembly has the same white dot as the original assembly. In my case they did not send just a little Teflon pad but the whole part. I had the option to take it to a repair center for replacement but they are booked weeks out and you need to take the TM off or pay an extra fee. I elected to complete myself and could figure out how to remove the assembly. Lowrance proved the attached parts diagram, I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out. Also at the bottom of the invoice are some phone numbers and email addresses you might find helpful. I started with a phone call then moved to emails after our initial conversation and part tracking. My TM also slips through the locking ring over time, like every other TM I have had. I asked Lowrance for a fix, nothing yet.

Update 8/1/2021 - On the water for several days and the indicator works perfectly. Installation was easy with the provided diagram. TM still slips through the collar, Lowrance is sending a new one. I plan to replace the collar and if it still slips will just add the second collar on the shaft.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by idletime; 08-01-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123