Prop for Z519 w/G2

I know there are a few on here running this combo. What prop are you running? What other props have you tried?

Just wondering if you guys stuck with the stock Raker 3 or went with something else.

New boat is at the dealer for prep so just trying to nail down final details.

Boat will have all lithium batteries and a 6” manual JP for reference.

Thanks in advance.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I have that setup, and like you, I wondered which prop would give the best performance. My dealer recommended that I give the stock prop (Raker H.O. 24 pitch) a good trial, and it turns out he was right. First, there is zero reason to be concerned with hole shot on the G2. It has so much low end that it is the fastest planing boat I’ve ever had, regardless of load or conditions. Second, at top end my RPMs are 5900-6000 with one person or two, so that’s correct as well. Third, even in Lake Erie swells, I’ve had no problem at all with the 3-blade blowing out. The only difference between your setup and mine is that I still have AGM batteries [36 volts with an Ultrex on the front]. I was scheduled for lithium upgrades literally the week that Ohio was locked down. In short, there’s a chance that your boat would run well with another prop, but I already know it will run well with the stock prop.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    I run the 24. Perfect for that setup.

4. Member
    Currently running a 24 RX4 at 2.5” ptp on my 2016 Z119. Wanted to drop the rpms just slightly from the 24 raker HO (which is a great prop for this boat too)

So far, I have no regrets getting the RX4. Ive also tried a 25p RX4 and it is way too much pitch for this boat. I struggled to get it up to 5300rpm.