Has anyone updated the software on their 122SV?

I’m still fighting dead spots about 10’ in front of the transducer. I’ve not updated to new software because of all the horror stories. I was just wondering if the software updates were ok for the 122SV and if it fixes the dead spots?

FYI, I purchased my transducer in oct 2018.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

2. Member
    From what I've seen and read the unit you have doesn't seem to matter with the software issues. Like you my Livescope system is from October 2018. Used to love my images, now after last 2 updates they are total junk. Sounds like you have a transducer issue. I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm having both a software and transducer problem. Not good!
    If I was you I wouldn't update but I would contact Garmin. The Livescope transducers and black boxes are on backorder out to about 3 weeks. Seems they are selling and replacing allot of them. I wonder ........

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    From what I've seen and read the unit you have doesn't seem to matter with the software issues. Like you my Livescope system is from October 2018. Used to love my images, now after last 2 updates they are total junk. Sounds like you have a transducer issue. I have a sneaky suspicion that I'm having both a software and transducer problem. Not good!
    If I was you I wouldn't update but I would contact Garmin. The Livescope transducers and black boxes are on backorder out to about 3 weeks. Seems they are selling and replacing allot of them. I wonder ........
    yea. That blind spot is in the worst place too.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

4. Member
    Yes it is!