2003 520vx center box on front deck sweating really bad

Hi everyone ....I have a 2003 520vx and I center storage box sweats really bad ...anyone had this problem and does anyone have a fix for it ....the box has new seals ....thanks in advance

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    We had a thread about this issue about 10 days ago. The consensus was, time of year. Cool nights and much warmer days with lots of humidity cause condensation inside closed spaces on our boats. If there’s a cure, I haven’t found it, other than cracking the lid a bit to let the moisture escape.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Ok thanks ....I know it has been driving me crazy ...:lol

4. Member
    Do you have a plug in the drain in that compartment? If not moisture from the bilge can condense in the compartment.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Good call, Howie. I had overlooked that possibility! Ironically, though, I never get condensation in the compartments with drains. My least favorite location for condensation, my port side rod locker, is where condensation always appears [if/when it appears] in my boat.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    also no plastic bags in there i found that they like to hold moisture. i saw survivor show once where they made water to drink from a plastic bag and high heat and humidityand thought hmmm went out to my boat and had two bags in my compartment. also if ur cooler drains ice into the bildge u could get moisture like that that will contriute to a humid sweat so like above use a plug to stop moisture. i like to drain my bildge to a dry area, i will even drop a rag in there to slop up any moisture and open the hatch a day or two to dry out. been ok since.but now i have a garage i built for it and that helps too.