Outside temps for successful Turkey hunting??

Plan on going out befiore first light in the morning here in middle Tennessee. The temps will be in the low 50s. Highs in the afternoon are the low to mid 70s. Will the birds be active in the morning with these cooler temps? If nothing else at least I'll get to see the woods wake up one more time.
    Thanks!

2. Moderator
    I was in the woods this morning. Heard at least 12-15 different birds gobbling. They were sounding off everywhere. Had two come into about 80 yards but couldn't get them any closer. I also just got home from sitting from 4:30 to dark. Saw one hen and only heard one bird gobble about an hour ago. There were a TON of people out driving, chainsawing, mowing, etc making a ton of noise so that could have them pushed back this afternoon. I will be sitting again in the morning. Good luck!

Turkeys been gobbling and strutting here in the Northeast for at least a month. It's been in the 20's and 30's in the mornings.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

4. Member
    Unless you have the rare 'snowflake' birds, go hunting at any temp. Our season opens in May and we often get frosts the 1st week. The colder the better as far as I'm concerned. It keeps the ticks less active

5. Member
    I went out this morning. Saw 7 hens come into the field but no Toms. My buddy and his wife were in an adjacent field where there were 6 to 7 Toms just inside the wood line. No shots were available. What a beautiful morning

6. Member
    Turkeys move from -20 to 80 anything hotter than that look for them in the shade
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"