Question 3 and 1 Transducer Placement - Z20

Looking for some help. Appears the hole shot plate is causing some echos and interference with my new 3 and 1. Thought I had an easy fix using the LSS2 location but things are never that easy. I'm not opposed to screwing into the hull. I was hoping some of you could post pics on where you have you 3 and 1 installed and any pro/cons. Pic of where I have it now. I'm hoping I can lower it below the current plate.

Thanks for any help.

[IMG][/IMG]

2. Member
    I mounted my 3in1 to the starboard side of the jackplate. Bought a bracket from Russell Marine Products and only had to drill one new hole. Images are crystal clear.

3. Member
    Yep, it appears that is the route I'm going to go. There are several choices out there and all around $180 but that appears to the answer. Thanks for offering a real world example.

Honestly on the z hull you should be mounting to the hull. Stay away from the JP. If you want pictures for the best mounting. PM ME
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

5. Member
    I'm curious to see your photos. I'm sure you are getting clear images where you have it mounted, but so am I mounted to the jackplate. The benefit of the jackplate mount is I have not drilled any additional holes into my boat. Plus, if I want to change to a different transducer I simply change the jackplate mount hardware and the ducer without drilling even more holes in my boat.

Quote Originally Posted by waldo27 View Post
    I'm curious to see your photos. I'm sure you are getting clear images where you have it mounted, but so am I mounted to the jackplate. The benefit of the jackplate mount is I have not drilled any additional holes into my boat. Plus, if I want to change to a different transducer I simply change the jackplate mount hardware and the ducer without drilling even more holes in my boat.
    In today’s world I don’t know why anyone would drill holes in there boat with the epoxy systems that are present. I will upload the photos
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

I have the same mount with an excellent image.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    We got harpooned here in Michigan and can't even launch the boat for a few weeks. I've got seem basic dimensional information on the mounts and was going to pull the trigger on one of these jackplate mounts but it would have only moved it to the right about four inches and about a 1 1/2" lower. Are these ducers really that sensitive? I just don't see it making a difference but guys are swearing by it.

Any photos help be it hull mounted or using a bracket coming off the jackplate. I've seen a lot, just not on the Nitro NVT hull.