Echomap 93sv vs echomap ultra

I have an older gentleman that I work with who is want a new graph for the front of his crappie boat to run livescope. He is currently trying to decide between the echomap 93sv and the ultra series, I suggested the graph I have (GPSMAP 1042xsv) but he doesn’t like the look with the big bottoms so he’s stuck deciding between these two. He asked me the differences other than screen size and I wasn’t sure of them all so I’m hoping someone here can help me help him. So what are the main differences between the two series of units? Keep in mind he mostly crappie fishes and only really bass fishes in the dead of summer when they move offshore but even then he says he only goes a handful of times

I would go with the larger screen. I’m old and I started with a 93sv. Mistake. I now have a 122sv. Once Livescope is setup, I rarely make any adjustments. If I do, it’s usually only gain and manually to set the bottom depth.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

3. Member
    What he said!!!
    Only difference now is after these dang updates I'm having to constantly adjust my unit.

4. Banned
    Does the 93SV+ show a good image of Livescope? Besides it being a little smaller for some of your liking..