Thread: lake vermillion

lake vermillion

what chip is best on vermillion for lowrance? planning a trip later summer

2. Member
    Lakemaster is what I am using
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

3. Member
    thanks

Lakemaster won't work on Lowrance unless you can track down an old card, and even then you might need to pair it with an old unit. Navionics will almost assuredly be your best bet. You can view the maps at webapp.navionics.com to see what you think. The round logo at the bottom left allows you to switch back and forth between Navionics maps from whenever they surveyed the lake to SonarCharts which are updated by people uploading sonar logs from being out and about. Usually the SonarCharts will improve the base maps, but sometimes they end up really far off if someone uploaded bad data (I guess from bad settings or an improperly mounted transducer). I've not compared on Vermilion to tell you for sure, but in the past I've found that if SonarCharts is drastically different than the base Navionics maps, you usually shouldn't plan on trusting it. If it's similar but shows some differences or more detail, it's probably accurate. Given the amount of traffic on Vermilion, I bet SonarCharts are pretty good.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

5. Member
    LakeMaster Minnesota v9 or PLUS V4? Are the arial images worth the extra money for this lake?
    2018 Bass Cat Sabre, 150 HP Pro XS, Helix 10s