Praying I need some help please

I just got my new Ranger 521L. I've used it twice. First time everything was fine. Second time out not so much. To be clear up front I am not by any stretch an expert with my electronics. I do the best I can with setups and the like.

I have two HDS Live 12's. The second time out it seemed as though the transducer on the trolling motor wasn't working. I had to use the other units transducer to see my down imaging, side imaging and 2D from the bow. When I turned the bow unit on, 2D Sonar, was set in AUTO Depth mode at maximum depth. When adjusted to a shallower setting I noticed that the very top of the screen was showing a very small image but wouldn't populate the entire screen. Same thing on down imaging. There seems to be an read out about an inch wide at the top of the screen. I fiddled with settings and couldn't get anything to change the situation.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. Member
    I would recommend rummaging around in these videos https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+live+lowrance because it sounds like a setup issue.

3. Member
    Make sure you are on the latest software. I believe there was an update to fix auto depth issues on the lives

4. Member
    I will go into your HDS sonar setting and click on the default sonar and then start over.
    Jason Gilstrap / Lowrance Pro Staff