Fellow northern Wisconsinites?

Howdy everybody, new here!

I was excited to see the state specific boards on this forum! I'm curious if there are any folks on here from up nort', as they say. I used to live in the Shawano area for a several years, but recently moved up here to Antigo and have been on the search for some good lakes. I've found some good smallies on lake Mohawksin, but aside from that, I've yet to find anything steller.

Anyone got some insider info?

2. Member
    Check out the LDF chain just east of Minoqua

3. Member
    I live in shawano and go to pelican several times in the spring, can't beat the smallies there.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by northlander73 View Post
    I live in shawano and go to pelican several times in the spring, can't beat the smallies there.
    I’m from shawano, agree pelican is great! We had a cabin just north of Antigo, there are some no name tiny lakes up there loaded with bass, lots to explore. I like post lake and enterprise as well.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by r83srock View Post
    I’m from shawano, agree pelican is great! We had a cabin just north of Antigo, there are some no name tiny lakes up there loaded with bass, lots to explore. I like post lake and enterprise as well.
    A few still have ice in that area
    Outlaw Bass

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kvdwannabe;[URL="tel:11013156"
    11013156[/URL]]A few still have ice in that area
    Good point. Pelican has a slot limit yet I believe as well, not that that’s a big deal. But it’s good for both species of bass. Shawanos is let out a week ago, finally.

7. Member
    Thanks for info, guys. I will have to check out Pelican. I've fished Bass Lake just north of before and had some luck, but most of the fish seemed pretty small.

Any of y'all been out fishing lately? I went out on the Lower Red in Gresham a couple days ago with my little brother for a few hours and had some luck. (The Upper and Lower Red have been the best Largemouth lakes I've found yet. Good size fish on both those waters.) We both caught two bass. Mine were smaller, but he caught a five and a six. Seems like they're pre-prespawn. We went yesterday despite the wind and got skunked. I think the front we had pushed them back into deeper water again.
    I'm actually currently shore bound, unfortunately. We had to sell out boat a couple years ago, but are looking to buy one this spring... can't wait till my congress money gets here.

8. Member
    I live just off the wolf river and have been shore fishing for walleye, with little luck. Haven’t had the boat out yet as yard work had been my priority after work, and I’m still getting the boat ready for the year. A five and a six are believable on Gresham, especially in the spring! There are pigs in there!