First trip of the year

Howdy, all. First post here.

I found out last night (a little late, I know) that Wisconsin now has a year-round catch-and-release season for bass, so I went out to a small local lake to try my luck. After purchasing several jigs and some trailers at the local Fleet-Farm, I headed to the lake. They have the dam wide open right now, so the lake is probably 5-8 feet below normal levels. As a result, I was able to walk the entire bank and cast around. I tried my luck with jigs for some time, but quickly switched to switched to a lipless crankbait so I could cover some water. After not much time, I had a northern hit. I was able to fight the fish until it was able a foot from shore but it bit my line and went darting back into the water with my Live-Target crank still in it's mouth.

I tied on a cheaper crank and kept at it. After a couple hour I was finally able to land a decent northern. It had the bait lodged wayyy in the back its mouth. The only reason I was able to land it was because the line was wrapped around it's lip, keeping it out of the teeth. I caught a 46" muskie on a 5.5" senko this same way!

Anyway, not my targeted species, but it was nice to come home smelling like fish for the first time since last summer! I'll include a picture of the muskie too because it's far more impressive than my northern lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images