Caliper ripped out of mounting plate

Dexter DB 35 caliper ripped out on the way to the ramp this morning. Not a fun time to work on in the rain. Bottow hole ripped right out. My question is can it be mounted to the front holes or do I need to flip the axle and mount in the back. Also is there a plate that can be welded on so I would not have to flip. Thanks. 20200404_173615.jpg I dont know why the pic is rotated but it is the bottom back hole that is gone.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

If you take the hub off, I would think that a local welder could repair the torn hole.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    Same exact thing happened to my trailer! Yes! Mine were originally mounted on the rear. They are now on the front.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    Same exact thing happened to my trailer! Yes! Mine were originally mounted on the rear. They are now on the front.
    I am going to mount it on the front set of holes this week. Did you move the caliper on the other side to the front as well or leave it on the back.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

5. Member
    Moved both to the front. Had to do a little brake line adjusting to make it work.Had to add a small flex line, but other than that pretty easy deal! Good luck with it!

may have to move the one on the left to right and right to left to keep the bleeder on top.

I would have it fixed some time. Use some medium grade locktite on the bolts.
    More than likely the bolts loosened and that is why the failure looks like it does.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    may have to move the one on the left to right and right to left to keep the bleeder on top.

More than likely the bolts loosened and that is why the failure looks like it does.
    Thank you Rick H! Yes you are correct on all of that! Yes the Loctite is the deal. That's why mine had that failure!

8. Member
    I had a failure of the same caliper a couple years ago except the caliper “exploded” on me. I also assume the bolt backed off and the vibrating caused the caliper to come apart. Took out 2 rims when it went, that was an expensive repair bill. Caliper was also on the rear in that case, wonder if that’s a coincidence?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoore View Post
    I had a failure of the same caliper a couple years ago except the caliper “exploded” on me. I also assume the bolt backed off and the vibrating caused the caliper to come apart. Took out 2 rims when it went, that was an expensive repair bill. Caliper was also on the rear in that case, wonder if that’s a coincidence?
    Mine also took out the rim on the side of the failure! I was 1800 mi away from home when it happened !

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post

Ordered a new caliper and new style bolts(hex instead of allen) today. The bleeder and banjo bolt are interchangeable so no right or left to worry about. I have a good amount of extra room on the lines hopefully they will bend/unbend easily.

The old caliper was in a few peices and also put a nice decorative ring on the inside of the rim.

11. Member

Cool don't forget the medium grade lock tite.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!