Water over transom coming off plane

Hey guys, new Vexus 1880 owner here and very happy! Love the boat! Just mulling over some thoughts. When I come off plane, it seems to be alot of water that could come over transom leading to wetness in the bottom of the boat. I know that if I come off plane slower or turn left or right, it seems to minimize it. My question is: have any of you guys that have installed a jack plate noticed any change in the amount of water that comes in? Thanks for your thoughts. Love the forum and look forward to interacting with this group!

2. Member
    Trim your motor all the way down as you're coming off plane. As your wake catches up with you, give it some gas as your boat slowly settles.

3. Member
    Every time I have installed a jackplate, the transom sits a little deeper in the water than it did without one. I don't think that's going to help the issue.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post
    Trim your motor all the way down as you're coming off plane. As your wake catches up with you, give it some gas as your boat slowly settles.
    ^^^This helps prevent backwash a lot ^^^

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou22 View Post
    ^^^This helps prevent backwash a lot ^^^
    Yes this does work!!
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

6. Member
    Thanks gents! I figured that would be the issue, more weight, etc. Thanks for the suggestions on prevention.

If you dont put a holeshot plate on the bottom of the jack plate you may have more water splashing in off plane. If you go that route make sure you get one they are cheap.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Back in the day, when coming off plane you always had to goose the throttle a tiny bit just before the boat settled to keep water from coming over the transom and wetting the back deck.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    If you dont put a holeshot plate on the bottom of the jack plate you may have more water splashing in off plane. If you go that route make sure you get one they are cheap.
    Does a basketball still work

Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    Does a basketball still work
    How long ago was that thread like 6 years ago that was quite the debate wasnt it. It was a solid 10 page thread i think.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.