Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    icobra,
    Sounds like you took quantifiable steps to assure the work needed to be done, and I am sure you check the actual JP for square prior to redrilling it. I bought a Vance JP few years back that was about as square as a 3 legged dog, and had to loosen every bolt on it to resquare it, though afterwards had to replace with a better quality Slidemaster.
    I hope you read the link, which will help you understanding chine walk.
    Be well and be safe
    The motor was crooked before the jackplate. The previous owner mentioned the same behavior before the jackplate also.
    River Runner

2. Member
    You should have filled the holes in the transom and redrilled them correctly.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    You should have filled the holes in the transom and redrilled them correctly.
    Nitro should have drilled them correctly from the factory also. Sorry but it was WAY more cost effective to go this route to accomplish the same thing.
    River Runner

4. Banned
    You did it right drilling new holes that close to the orginal would create a weak spot. So how's it driving now?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illinicobra View Post
    Nitro should have drilled them correctly from the factory also. Sorry but it was WAY more cost effective to go this route to accomplish the same thing.
    Cobra,
    You are very correct that Nitro should have taken the time to make sure that their work was quality work, but I guess that was not their priority.
    At some point, when you sell the rig, be sure to let the next owner be aware that the holes on the transom are incorrect, so if he would to replace the JP, he would know how to correct it.

Did it drive any differently after leveling ?

7. Member
    Update after driving. It made an improvement. It does still have some chine walk but it's no where near as violent when I really get it up on the pad. Still learning the "sweet spot" but have seen 67. So now it's time to learn to drive it and play with the setup, I may need to go to a 24 fury, the 25 may be a touch much for tournament load.
    River Runner

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    Tons written on chine walk.
    Raising the motor will help but getting a good driving lesson is the only real answer.

So TRUE!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12